Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Can not connect to spotify. Trying again now."

"Can not connect to spotify. Trying again now."

Hey dear all,

Since I have updated Mozilla Firefox (a week ago), there are problems with the Webplayer. Everytime I log in, I can start only one song (if I hurry up) and then it says "Can not connect to Spotify. Trying again now." and shows a never stopping loading-circle. After that it is not possible to click onto anything. The song gets played completly, but Spotify does not hop to the next one. If I press F5 the procedure starts again...

Can you tell me what is wrong? I have not problems with any other website.

Greets

Jonas

12 Replies

Hello @jj210113,

Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you please let me know the output of the Developer console, so I can determine what is the cause of the issue?

Tools -> Web Developer -> Web Console and copy-paste the output.

Hi Dreadlord,

is this what you need? In some parts it is in german (my language).

"Connecting to wss://lon2-linkap-a4.ap.spotify.com:443" spotify.web.client.js:415:433
[AppLoader] Using only bundled apps spotify.web.client.js:415:433
unreachable code after return statement main.js:52191:14
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create main.js:22124:9
Success client-log Array [ "", "user:impression", "appStart", "", Object ] kindling.js:3:5706
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). main.js:47229:19
Die Zeichenkodierung eines Dokuments im Frame wurde nicht deklariert. Das Dokument kann unterschiedlich aussehen, wenn es ohne das umgebende Frame-Dokument angesehen wird. 3.6.0
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create kindling.js:4:15685
getPreventDefault() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen defaultPrevented. main.js:59995:85
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). main.js:12814:19
getAttributeNode() sollte nicht mehr verwendet werden. Verwenden Sie stattdessen getAttribute(). kindling.js:6:16488
Translation param length mismatch on string:  Kann mit Spotify nicht verbinden. {{REASON}} Starte neuen Versuch {{LOADER}} bootstrap.js:5:426

[SPB iframe could not load]

Thank you for your help Dreadlord! But I will not be at my laptop again until tomorrow. So please don't wonder, if don't reply to your next message todasy 🙂

Hey @jj210113,

Looks like your browser fails to load Spotify Play Button ( SPB ).

We will need to do some investigation when you are back on your laptop : )

Have a great day : )

I had the same problem. Do you have any extensions on Firefox? Spotify worked again after I disabled HTTPS Everywhere. The extention was conflicting somehow with the native HTTPS from Spotify. Everything works again after whitelisting.

Hi Dreadlord, today I can not even log in to the webplayer. It shows Error 502 Gateway Time-Out nginx 😕

Which investigations do you want me to do?

Hey @jj210113,

Hm, that seems odd. Error 502 means something is wrong on Spotify's end. 

Can you check the different links below and let me know if all of them return Error 503? 🙂

Link 1 Link 2 Link 3

Hey Dreadlord, the error hasn't appeared again since midday. All links are working.

Hey @jj210113,

According to twitter, everything should be good now 🙂

You can check the tweet here.

But the message "can not connect ....." still appears 😕

Hi all,

Same problem here. Firefox 43 on Linux.

When I openthe web player, everything's fine, I start one song, and during that song (sometimes nearly instantly, sometimes near the end of the song), i got the "Can not connect to Spotify. Trying again now" message. When the song ends, it fails to play the next one, and the next one, and... you got it.

Logs of my console (usual GETs removed except the one about WS):

The line starting with "01:03:46.011 Translation param"... is the error causing the message to appear. Lines under this one is the backtrace of the error.

Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. mootools-core-1.4.5.js:280:94
"Connecting to wss://lon2-linkap-a5.ap.spotify.com:443" spotify.web.client.js:415:433
GET 
https://lon2-linkap-a5.ap.spotify.com/ [HTTP/1.1 101 Switching Protocols 194ms]
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create main.js:22124:9
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. main.js:47229:19
[FB] error spotify.web.client.js:415:433
Loading mixed (insecure) display content "http://b.scorecardresearch.com/p?c1=2&c2=15654041&c7=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spotify-desktop.com&cv=2.0&cj=1" on a secure page[Learn More] main.js:12052:12
mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create kindling.js:4:15685
The character encoding of a framed document was not declared. The document may appear different if viewed without the document framing it. 3.6.0
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. main.js:12814:19
Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead. all.js:19286:24
not well-formed playlist4.proto:1:1
Error: WebGL: getParameter: parameter: invalid enum value <enum 0x9246> base.js:3011:82
[FB] error
Use of removeAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use removeAttribute() instead.
01:03:46.011 Translation param length mismatch on string:  Can't connect to Spotify. {{REASON}}Trying again now{{LOADER}}1 bootstrap.js:5:426
_</</<() bootstrap.js:5
_</<() bootstrap.js:5
Spotify.Web.Error/this.onNotify() spotify.web.client.js:381
Spotify.Web.Publisher/this.notify() spotify.web.client.js:317
Spotify.Web.Core/t() spotify.web.client.js:126
Spotify.Core/J() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:540
Spotify.EventTarget/this.dispatchEvent() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:224
Spotify.Gateway/r() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:174
Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge/m[3]</this.onDisconnect() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:216
Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge/this.initialize/<() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:217
Spotify.WebSockets.Client/this.connect/n.onclose() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:220

Let me know if I can provide more information.

It can take me some days to answer, sorry for that.

Thank you in advance.

Greets,

Loïc

I'm having the same problem. It was actually working better on Sunday to the point I could play 4 or 5 songs before I had to reload.

Firefox 43.0.4

On Linux.

I've disabled my extensions to no avail. Here's my log:

"Connecting to wss://ash2-linkap-a3.ap.spotify.com:443" spotify.web.client.js:415:433
Translation param length mismatch on string:  Can't connect to Spotify. {{REASON}}Trying again now{{LOADER}} bootstrap.js:5:426
_</</<() bootstrap.js:5
_</<() bootstrap.js:5
Spotify.Web.Error/this.onNotify() spotify.web.client.js:381
Spotify.Web.Publisher/this.notify() spotify.web.client.js:317
Spotify.Web.Core/t() spotify.web.client.js:126
Spotify.Core/J() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:540
Spotify.Gateway/r() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:174
Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge/m[3]</this.onDisconnect() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:216
Spotify.WebSockets.Bridge/this.initialize/<() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:217
Spotify.WebSockets.Client/this.connect/n.onclose() spotify.sdk.5.8.3-8be3a59.min.js:220

Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead. 4.2.0

Maybe someone will find something out.

Suggested posts