Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it"

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Lenovo laptop

Operating System

Pop_OS 19.10

My Question or Issue

The Spotify application, downloaded via snap, repeatedly skips songs when I try to start playlist. When trying to play an individual track, it gives the error message specified in the subject. I have tried the solution found on one of the Windows threads, and deleted my local user cache, but the issue hasn't been resolved.

Almost every song has this issue, which makes the entire application useless at the moment.

3 Replies

Hey @mustansirm 

If deleting the cache did not work, you could try reinstalling Spotify instead.

One of the most common reasons why this issue happens under Windows is the output device user wants to use is not set to be default. Skipping happens because Spotify uses the default audio output device.

I am not sure how much the same would happen here, but you can try looking into that. 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Re-installing Spotify didn't fix the problem either. Further the Spotify web-client also suffers from the same issue. However, the mobile application works fine.

I can't seem to find a way to change the default audio output device. The issue persisted even when I unplugged my headphones and tried to use my laptop's speakers. The issue is particularly bizarre as the desktop application worked perfectly fine just a few days ago, and this bug arose without any changes to the application.

@mustansirm 

Does the web player skip when the desktop Spotify is closed, too?

Furthermore, are you able to play other audio well (eg bandcamp, soundcloud, youtube as well as local library)?

Keep me in the loop 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts