Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify for linux crashes on playing local songs

spotify for linux crashes on playing local songs

Hey,

since several days spotify keeps crashing while playing local songs (mp3). Normal songs are working just fine.

This is the segault entry in dmesg:

segfault at 1 ip 00007f676ed08c93 sp 00007f6745e94ca8 error 4 in ld-2.22.so[7f676ecf0000+22000]

See the attached output of spotify. First I played a remote song to show that it is basically working, after that I switched manuallly to a local one - which segfaults spotify immediately. If you need more debug informations for example gdb output please tell me.

ps: Please fix your debs - you depend on libssl1.0.0.so however you didn't depend on libssl1.0.0 ....

[edit]: after manual rebuilding libav54 on my system (debian/unstable) spotifyx stops to crash. However playing local files is not possible although they are listed under "Local Files". If you click on one of these you get a blue bar in the top of the window containing the following message:

This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

Obviously I've done that before...

Deleting .config/spotify and .cache/spotify doesn't help either, so please help.

1 Reply

Forgot the spotify output...

Suggested posts