Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wouldn't be time to give Linux users a supported app???

wouldn't be time to give Linux users a supported app???

Hi,

we (Linux users) are not second class citizen

"Note: Spotify for Linux is a labor of love from our engineers that wanted to listen to Spotify on their Linux development machines. They work on it in their spare time and it is currently not a platform that we actively support. The experience may differ from our other Spotify Desktop clients, such as Windows and Mac."

Don't we deserve more than just spare the time from the love of developers.

I want to subscribe to premium but won't do it if this is the attitude from Spotify!

Thanks 🙂

6 Replies

I agree with this one. A little bit too harsh for us premium user that use linux. 

I understand nobody wants to support Linux (I myself don't see the business case for it for my company's products), but... just expose a stupid API and let nerds roll their own, superior, app.

I realize that exposing a programmatic interface it might make the life of pirates easier than the app does, but surely there must be a reasonable way to make it work?

It's still 10 bucks a month.

I'd settle for some playerctl support!

Does Spotify even monitor this forum?

Seems that contacting them directly after they **bleep** up the desktop Linux app and threatening to cancel Premium account en masse is what got their attention!

Maybe they need a carrot to balance that stick, i.e. thank them for fixing it and remind them that we're a substantial demographic for their bottom line?

Sad but true 😞

It wasn't just a linux desktop screwup... and if it was, it likely wouldn't have gotten fixed nearly as quickly. But yeah, it's somewhat annoying that we're second class citizens, but pay the same taxes to live in the kingdom. At the very least, at least let linux users report legitimate issues without being blown off. We're not asking for feature requests or help with exotic setups, just don't blow us completely off. This isn't too much to ask.

Suggested posts