Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Current song status bar wont change (Desktop Mac)

Current song status bar wont change (Desktop Mac)

Casual Listener
‎2016-08-17 09:16 AM

The current song status bar at the bottom left corner of the Mac desktop app won't change. Whenever I play a new song it just stays on the same one for ages but will change for adds or it will work normally for a few songs then stop... Right now im on a new computer and just downlaoded Spotify for Mac and it is still doing it so I presume it must be an issue with my account or something...? Im not a premium subsriber

5 Replies

Re: Current song status bar wont change (Desktop Mac)

‎2016-08-19 11:36 PM

Hey @1260232557!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. It may sound simple, but try uninstalling the app (make sure you remove it from the Applications folder) > restart your computer > reinstall the app.

Also, can you let us know what operating system you're using?

Keep us posted :)

Casual Listener
‎2016-08-20 04:45 AM
Hi, I am using Mac OS X El Capitan version 10.11.2

Roadie
‎2016-08-22 04:16 PM

Casual Listener
‎2016-08-23 03:26 AM

It's a very unusual bug i must say, it happened to me two different Macs running the same operating system, and both on the latest version of Spotify. It's rather frustrating if I want to add a song im currently listening to an album of mine because I can't simply click and drag into there... 

‎2016-08-23 10:38 AM

Happening to me too..

I will try to uninstall, restart the computer and install it again.

If it doesn't work, I write it here.

Thanks anyway for the tip

SUGGESTED POSTS