Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Solved!
5 people liked this

Re: Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Music Fan
‎2015-09-02 12:36 PM

Dear spotify team: please let us know if you are taking this spammy and annoying notification out so we can reconsider not leaving premium... altough three years of no responses are not promising at all... Thanks.

Re: Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications about additions to playlists I'm subscribed to?

Concert Regular
‎2015-09-19 11:20 AM

YES ¿PLEASE!!! annoying notifications every time.... 

Spoiler

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2015-09-26 01:44 AM

It appears that the only solution to this notification spam to either (1) unsubscribe to all playlists or (2) cancel service and switch to Apple's streaming product. I'm leaning toward the latter at this point. Spotify has the potential to be a better product than what Apple is offering, but if they're going to keep spamming notifications at me then screw it, I'm done.

2 people liked this

Music Fan
‎2015-09-30 10:58 PM

Thanks, that link is outstanding!  In case it gets deleted, it's the question "Remove dock notification badge for apps not in notification center" at apple dot stackexchange dot com.

Finally an answer to this after Spotify sitting on the issue for years.

1 person liked this

Bedroom Songwriter
‎2015-10-01 12:12 AM

SOLUTION

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/oj4d427

It worked for me.

I edited my last posts to provide more context and they got removed, so here is another shot.

Follow the above link.  It will take you to "Remove dock notification badge for apps not in notification center" from apple dot stackexchange dot com.

There you will find a step-by-step guide in the two long answers on how to add Spotify to Apple's Notification Center, which will allow you to turn off the badge and keep Spotify in your dock.

Highlighted

Bedroom Songwriter
‎2015-10-01 12:15 AM

Music Lover
‎2015-10-02 09:26 PM

How is it possible that Spotify haven't figured this out? I'm suspicious. Maybe they don't spreak engrish? 

Re: Disabling Mac OS X Dock badge notifications? ** Solved (kinda hacky) **

Music Fan
‎2015-10-03 10:07 PM

How do I get the icon on the doc? This happened before, and somehow, by a miracle, it showed up like three days later-- but I dont know how it came back...so now I need to find a way to save it to the dock. 

Thanks, 

Concert Regular
‎2015-10-07 08:44 PM
Go to your Account online, not in the application. On the left is a Notifications section. In that pane, disable all. I just found this and disabled all but Inbox notifications. I will report back to on the results.

Concert Regular
‎2015-10-07 08:46 PM
Go to your Account online, not in the application. On the left is a Notifications section. In that pane, disable all. I just found this after weeks of looking on the app and online in forums and I disabled all but Inbox notifications. I will report back to on the results if it is successful.
SUGGESTED POSTS