Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a no longer shows the artist's bio

1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a no longer shows the artist's bio

Did Spotify take away the artist's bio? I used to enjoy the bios. Have the bios moved or been removed?

4 Replies

Hey there @stylusmariner

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

No worries, you can still find this section in the new desktop client as well. You just need to head over to the Artist's page and scroll down to the bottom and you'll find it there. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you, so glad it's not gone, even if it's much more work to find.

So, why did this have to change?? In the old UI, I didn't need to ask for help to find this. Whoever designed the old UI made this feature accessible without having to look for it. Whoever designed the new UI made it so if you didn't know about artist bios you might never find them.

Hey @stylusmariner,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're happy to hear that you found the section you were looking for. Its repositioning of the bios is part of the larger Desktop update we recently rolled out which aims of improving user experience. We recommend having a look at our FAQ to address any other possible questions you might have about the update.

We also invite you to leave any feedback you may have in this thread. We regularly monitor it and pass user reports on to the relevant team so they are taken into consideration when moving forward.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,
I'm glad you are monitoring the comments to the blog post on the new update. If you have, then you must realize that the new update failed miserably if the goal was improving user experience. Putting the artist bio at the bottom of their page makes no sense. Isn't that obvious? Why make users scroll through albums, etc? Why assume the user would know to look way down there for the bio? Many of the "improvements" in the new UI make it more difficult to find information that used to be easy to find or took fewer clicks to find.

Suggested posts