Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

I think the new version of Soundiiz.com includes Tidal, so you can convert your playlists from Spotify to Tidal there. I do not know if Tidal has similar limits though.

Yes, Soundiiz can do that from Spotify to Tidal.

Fantastic, thanks!

Hi! 

In this link you can see the main differences (2016)

https://pro.keepvid.com/deezer/deezer-vs-spotify.html#part1

Spotify has things Deezer doesn´t and all the way round. I´ve been using Deezer for 3 months now and it´s great. It is the only app with spoti that has crossfade (only in desktop and web app, not in android, but thats ok).

I use STAMP

https://freeyourmusic.com/

It´s great and I have migrated all my music to all platforms succesfully. It´s 9€ I think but it´s worth the service.

You can migrate your playlists to every streaming sservice available. TIDAL, Apple, Amazon Music, Google Music, Spotify, Deezer...

And I would like to give me answer to that (Spotify) response... :

1: The key question here is: What is the reason behind a limit???! You put the limit on. And it doesn't make any sense. Why would you spend "precious resources" on that, instead of making it infinite, as it should be. If people would like to bookmark every single album of the entire library of Spotify, they should be able to. Why not? It's just links. Imagine if there was a limit on typed letters in Word or bookmarks. 

Here's how I use the "save album"-function:

Maybe I read a review of a new album. Maybe it's recommended to me. I save it, to listen to it some time - maybe instantly, maybe later. If it's any good, i'll keep it in my library. Now... If there are some of the individual songs on that album, that would be perfect in one of my many playlists. I add it.

I listen to hundreds maybe thousands of artists. I don't know all their names or albums. I know my favourite ones. But all the others I'd like to keep track on -maybe some day becoming a favourite. My library helps me find the album/song I want to hear.

Is my behavior in any way as loony as the limit?

2: It's not a playlist. It's a library of albums. Like books on a shelf isn't one text.

3: No your right. That's an insanely bad answer. You point the finger at your own service here. It has teared my mind apart that it's not possible to make a simple search in your own library - based on obvious criterias as "artist name", "Album name", "publish date of album", "music genre"... etc. Tell me, How do I find a certain track in a playlist containing 9,999 songs if I dont want to scroll through the whole thing?

Don't compare playlists with saved (bookmarked) albums. It's senseless.

Please remove the limit. 

"Is my behavior in any way as loony as the limit?"

It is most certainly not, and I think this thread is evidence of that.

Spotify's initial answer of comparing saved albums to playlist stems from,
in my opinion, the back-end. Someone at the beginning of this thread made
an observation: playlists and 'saved albums' have the same song limit.
Therefore, that leads us to believe the 'save album' feature is treated,
technically, as a playlist on the back-end. To remove this limit would be
to design a new saving mechanism for your personal library, separate from
how playlists currently work. Because this only affects <1% of users (or so
we're told, though I'm inclined to believe it), this investment in a new
back-end mechanism doesn't make sense to Spotify.

It upsets me, honestly. I know Spotify doesn't do the best financially, and
there are a lot of hurdles in the streaming industry, but this devalues the
non-monetary value of music. I, like many of you, had a huge collection in
iTunes that was neat and well organized. I loved putting my collection of
shuffle and rediscovering music I used to love, or maybe finding an album I
never gave as many lists as I should. I can't do that now unless I actively
remember or am reminded of something. As a result, I feel a much less
personal connection with music nowadays.

I'm a millennial and, if my friend group of music listeners can be used as
a somewhat representative sample, those of us asking for this are
definitely in the minority. Most of my friends are all about single songs
or playlist - few rarely, if ever, continuously listen to albums from start
to finish.

Spotify also plays into this with their heavily playlist-based social
features that reel people in. I won't leave Spotify because all of my
friends are on it and I honestly enjoy their playlists across the spectrum,
but they could so much more than what they do now (nothing) to create a
closer connection to artists and their albums. Spotify's model relies on
users not caring much about a collection and using playlists to figure out
what's hot or what should be an introduction to a genre. It's a feedback
loop.

I JUST WANT MY MUSIC COLLECTION BACK. 😞 😞

They would do much better financially if they addressed their customer's concerns. They didn't address mine, that is why I left. They could be making money off of me every month, but they didn't fix their product before amazon did. 

Now i don't care if they fix it. Amazon already did. I'm with them now.

You can actually vote for, that Spotify should fix this.

Here is the link: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/i...

Im not quite sure which streaming service I will subscribe to.

If they fix that issue, I'm definitley in.

darn, finally hit the dreaded 'epic music friend' and it seems like there is little prospect of a song increase being implimented. Now may be the time to move away, as much as I really love the feel of spotify's apps. There's a great deal for amazon unlimited music via prime so I think that's the way to go.

An interesting post (where this is mentioned).

http://4kryingoutloud.com/post/166263359339/why-spotify-fails-against-others

Yeah true, but you have to buy the songs of download loads

Potential loss of 1 percent of a customer base seems high to me. 

Check with your 1% eliteUser friends-- How many of your friends left Spotify because of this limit that makes no sense at all?

* At least 99% of my friends left Spotify because of this limit--

* But they all came back to Spotify-- because Spotify is much better-- if you just take time to "fix it" yourself.  

* Hence, my friends came back to Spotify and then took the time to make their own "user programming fixes" to remove enough of the Spotify bugs.  The 1% eliteUsers have no use for that toy YourMusic thing, since it doesn't work for storing enough music anyway-- I sometimes use YourMusic to put temporary checks by alreadyPlayed tracks when I am checking which tracks, artists, or albums I haven't played in the last 9,000 tracks.

My biggest music library is 103,627 tracks-- My friends operate from over 250,000 tracks.

In Spotify's BusinessModel, Spotify has learned that it is a waste of time to adjust anything to fix what makes the eliteUser 1% leave-- because Spotify has tracked that those leavers will soon be back again-- and when they come back, they will take the time to solve their own problem with a "user programming fix".

That is why this otherwise useless discussion happens only on the Spotify forums-- and Not on Apple-- Just an idea . . . .

It is like this. They didn't serve me, so i left. I'm no longer part of the 1% of users. They are going to stay at 1% because they won't serve those customers EVER. 

Go to amazon. I did and i'm happy now.

Fact is. 

Spotify is amazing for several things.

Playlists

Suggestions 

Radios

Connect

A lot of stuff that only Apple can do now. 

Social part included. 

They are winning the payperlisten battle, but this is pretty annoying. 

I don't see why it's impossible. what's the limit behind?

In my playlist which contains A-B artists, only A-B I repeat, I've already reached 6.000 songs. The problem is going to be there soon. So what am I supposed to do A-B#2?

Come one...

Raise it to 100.000 and make everyone happy. 

If user programming fixes can be done so easily the answer is already given: Spotify will nver change this limit. This is maybe because of contractual matters with record labels or anything you can imagine, I don´t really care.

On the other hand, I don´t agree with the "Spotify is much better" statement...

It is just people are reticent to make changes, and switching to another streaming app simply makes the user to get accustomed to the new interface, and this always sucks. It is easier to go on with the already well known Spoti´s interface.

Each stremaing app is different and each one has pros and cons comparing them with each other...but Spotify is not better.

I really don't understand this rule. 10,000 is a decent limit and would probably cover most people's music libraries. But why spread across 3 devices?!

The only time you're going to want to listen to music offline is when you're not connected to wifi - i.e. on your phone. I would very interested to learn about the audience Spotify is targetting - are there really scores of people out there walking around with a phone, a phablet and a tablet each with 3,300 songs on them?

Come on Spotify we are in an age where gadgets are being merged together and people carry around less **bleep** with them not more. Modern smartphones could comfortably accommodate 10,000 songs in one nice, easy-to-use package.

We're talking about efficiency here Spotify - it's a simple logic puzzle. Let's put it another way - imagine an executive tour operator booked you into a 5 star hotel in New York for a week and said you had a spending limit of £10,000. But then said that this must be spread across three hotels, and that the other two hotels were  in London and Tokyo!

Please end this now and watch countless extra listeners flocking to your music service when they learn they don't have to carry a backpack full of gadgets and 1,000 miles of wiring in order to listen to their music.

'Shuffle all 10,000 songs' - think of the possibilities that could be realised with that!

Thanks for reading and I really hope you give this some serious consideration.

600.000+

If everyone will pay the lowest price 1,5€ than it's 900.000€ every month (!!!) from those 1% unhappy users (including me).

Ofcourse there are some %s for rightsholders.

But anyway.

If 60M will pay just 90M€ every month, that's... insane! A lot of money to raise up this silly 10k limit.

You did a GREAT job of outlining their stupidity there.

Suggested posts