Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

10,000 song limit

10,000 song limit

This is more just a plea to the people at spotify:

Why have you put a limit on how many songs we can have in our own music? It just makes no sense!! I've filled up my 10,000 song limit allowance already and now want to save more music but can't.

The quicker this can be changed the better as I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription

254 Replies

Maybe we should make multiple threads about this problem everyday so they get annoyed and see the problem. (If they ban me I'll stop my subscription.) I even think that many other users, not just mods who ignore us, are not aware of this problem. I didn't know that there was a limit until I got notified the first time too.

I don't care about 99% of others.

If you have 50+ millions paying users.

You don't give a sh*t about 1/2 million of people.

Removing songs from my favourities is a silly answer.

Do something about that!

Com'on spotify -- PLEASE FIX THIS! It is so unnecessary and such a hassle for your power users. Treat us right, and help is out!

From the Real-time specifications

We all have worked here,
                My friends constructed

The following WorkingPrototype
             To show Spotify how they can
    Design around today's hardware limitations
   To get us Real-time access to All of Spotify--
                   Not just 10,000 songs.

Here is an example of how we need  All of Spotify in Real-time--

AllOfSpotify_Radio >>  https://open.spotify.com/user/rednblu/playlist/4BIEfdQC3CXOa1N0mTFAEy  <<  . . . .

. . . .

Dear Spotify,

If you play that  AllOfSpotify_Radio,  you can see what we need-- All of Spotify, Not just a few 10,000 tracks!

To play for demonstration, Dear Spotify, please do the following--

* Start from the top of  AllOfSpotify_Radio .
* Play through until you want to stop.
* When you restart, just search for where you stopped, and start with the next track.
* Whenever the track where you stopped is not found, just play from the top again-- because the list refreshes automatically as a perpetual and NonRepeating feed of "All of Spotify".

You will find zero repeats in that "All of Spotify" feed, Dear Spotify-- If we want repeats, we will insert them at our request only, please.

Of course, this is just a WorkingPrototype-- You will need to put on Filters for what Not to play for us, Dear Spotify-- My friends suggest some form of ThumbsDown-- So that the "All of Spotify" feed Never contains any ThumbsedDown [Track, Artist, Album, Genre, Explicit, Christmas, or Classical] as of our choosing by giving us an operative and modern ThumbsDown function.

We need access to All of Spotify, Dear Spotify-- Not just a few 10,000 tracks, thank you.

. . . .

Meanwhile, we users who clearly need more than 10,000 songs can provide for each other perpetual and NonRepeating feeds from All of Spotify with different specialties-- as illustrated in the above "All of Spotify" WorkingPrototype.

Let's remember, please, that those of us who need more than 10,000 songs are a definite minority in Spotify's customer base right now-- so we will have to develop our own solutions-- for each other.  We want everything-- But we want to filter our own custom set of Everything music that we want to hear right now.

We are at the forefront; we shape the new uses of Technology to get what we want.  Maybe in the future, more of Spotify's customers, when they get used to the technology options, will want as much of All music as we want right now.  In the meantime, we get as much of Everything music that we want-- as shown in the above Working prototype, for one particular filter of Everything music.

Thank you for making possible these new understandings and new design victories to break the 10,000 song limit-- Now it is up to Spotify . . . .

It's a shame this hasn't still been resolved. I'm seriously thinking about switching to Apple Music for this very reason.

Gosh, make this a premium feature, I don't know, but fix this!

Go... it is worth it. I am so much happier on amazon. They don't have the limitation, i'm not constantly trying to squeeze new tracks into my collection.

Hello, i have leave Spotify since december 2016 for Qobuz with no limit and better quality of sound (Hi-Fi). I see that nothing change for Spotify and it's a shame. The Spotify applications are the best, they work on a Hi-Fi service but i will not come back if this silly limit continue !   

It's ridiculous that there's a limit to how "premium" your account is when you pay a monthly fee for this service. That should allow us to save as much music as we want to. Lots of people have a very diverse taste in music and our Spotify "my music" section should be able to reflect that. I shouldn't have to get rid of music in order to save newer stuff. 

I received this message today.... please note that I am online. I have not synced any of my own tracks. I listen on an iPad and iPhone only. I have premium.  What's the issue? Server space? Thanks

IMG_0709.PNG

Agreed, I've been a very happy customer, listener and ambassador for years now. I want to keep my song list fresh, update and add to the others already curated. Having a large diverse range of music keeps my day exciting... as a daily listener. 

The cap changes my culture, makes me want to stick to old fav's rather than discover and adds more work to managing my account. I hope Spotify correct this and reward their most passionate and active fan base... and that us folk dont need to migrate to a competitors service.

Well..that does it, I guess. I was really going to keep using this service but this limit is just stupid.

Like many others I have falled victim to an 'epic collection'. Terrible. If it's only 1% it impacts do something for us loyal users - **bleep** I'd even take a split list of Saved songs (e.g. Saved, Saved_1)!

but this is not about playlists. the limit is on albuns saved on my library.

I've been signed up with Spotify less than a year, and I upgraded to Premium maybe 3 months ago (my sense of time isn't great, but it can't be much more than that). I have roughly 12,000 individual tracks scrobbled to Last.fm since summer 2005, so that's more or less the amount of music solely on my computer(s); my CD collection comes to just under 128gb when copied in 320 and saved to a flash drive, & on top of that I have numerous cassettes and vinyl records.

I mostly use Spotify via my mobile phone just to use Spotify Connect because I have a hifi adaptor hooked up to one of my physical stereos that lets me stream my music (from most of the compatible services, so I could easily go to Deezer, Tidal, or Google Music for that) through my regular speakers. Connect was the main reason I went for Premium... Anyway...

I hit the 10,000-song limit last week, while trying to match my mobile My Music collection to my physical collection (I hadn't even begun with my mp3 collection yet).

That? Is NOT COOL. Pure and simple.

Had I had any idea of this limit (and I admit I probably should have thought about this and checked before signing up, but it didn't occur to me that there would be a limit on this!), I might still have kept my free Spotify account just for the Radio function (since last.fm no longer seems to have this), but I certainly wouldn't have bothered upgrading to Premium.

This is 2017; any improvements in the range of available alternatives? I have no loyalty to Spotify yet, and would be happy to go elsewhere if I could find somewhere I could keep all my original music in my catalogue and add whatever else I get over time.

If anyone on the staff bothers to read this thread, though they don't seem to care about power-users all that much, I hope they'll get this message:

Just because you're aiming this service at younger music fans, that does NOT mean that none of those younger people aren't just as much audiophiles or power-users as the older members you don't care about!

I am 31. I have 20 years' worth of music in my collection, plus plenty that was released even before I was born; I've been collecting albums (in various formats; my first was on cassette) since I was ten years old. Think about that. My sister (29) is in a similar position, though her collection is more PC-based than mine, as she upgraded early.

I am NOT the only younger Spotify user in this situation, and if you want to be the "hip and cool" music program among the younger generation(s), that won't last if you keep this stupid & arbitrary limit.

I am a web designer. I know very well that you could easily fix the problem with your system that imposes this limitation. So why don't you care enough to do it? Half a million people are still half a million people. Do none of those half million matter to you at all? This is a reprehensible attitude to take, at best.
Trialia / xaedere
unfaithful-mirror.net

On an interview with The Classic Metal Show earlier in the year I believe, one of the main guys at Spotify mentioned that the limit comes from the agreement with the labels. My issue is with the limit is I'm not downloading to my device albums. I just want a 1mb photo and save into albums so it looks like my iTunes as far as finding albums you like. I'm not downloading every Iron Maiden album I just want t save under albums all there albums for which reference and quick play instead of search

When Spotify says that only a small percent of their users even reach the limit, they are failing to consider all the many more potential users and customers out there who would be members using their service and reaching that limit but instead are choosing not to subscribe because the limit is inadequate and unreasonable.

They may be correct at this point. I left because they didn't address this. I suspect that the smart people got tired of waiting. Other services allow unlimited libraries. I switched to amazon. I pay less, i do not have this limitation. If spotify fixes this, i'm not coming back now. They dropped the ball.

I moved to Google Music because of this. Sorry to hear this is still a problem (I was hoping things had changed).

On top of having no limit on Google music, any songs night available on streaming services you can upload yourself from your mp3 collection. This has allowed me to listen to Peter Gabriel, Def Leppard, Bob Seger, Neil Young, and my pretty large collection of obscure dance tracks and remixes.

I couldn't be happier. 

This is me too. I picked amazon, but when i buy a cd from them, for like 50 cents extra i can have them rip it for me and send me the physical cd. I can rip it to any format i want then. Amazon stores their encode and i have access to that if it is high enough quality (it is acceptable). 

Just like you, i've been adding a lot of oldies and stuff i didn't have room for before. I can also add new bands that I want to check out. Win Win.

I don't care about spotify anymore really. I do feel sorry for their users, a simple policy change makes their service 100% better.

I still can't believe that the easiest way to save music has this arbitrary limitation. I love Spotify, but I HATE the 10,000 song limit. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Spotify! PLEASE!!

Suggested posts