Abrupt jump mid song to new playlist or single

Plan

Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

Only in the last few weeks, I have noticed a change in the playback of songs. I will choose a playlist and begin listening. About half way or even a quarter of the way through the first song from the playlist I chose, I will abruptly start hearing a completely different song from a playlist I do not follow. This is happening on my computer and also on my iPhone X separately. I then look at the queue and it doesn't have any of my songs from the playlist I actually chose. I cannot delete the song it chose and if I try to restart my playlist, it does the exact same thing again. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Things I tried:

- Turn off Autoplay

- Restart computer and phone

- Uninstall and reinstall Spotify on all devices

- Master log out of all devices together and log in again

1 Reply

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date. I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Suggested posts