Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding songs to a playlist via the music bar at the bottom of the page

Adding songs to a playlist via the music bar at the bottom of the page

Macbook 2019

13 inch with touch bar

when using Spotify and a random song comes along to the section at the bottom of the bar where it shows what song one is playing, there is no way to add it to a playlist, I have to go to the album and add it from there which is extremely inconvenient. please fix this problem

3 Replies

Hey @mattip, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

You can easily do that if you right click either on the title, artists or the album artwork of the song where a menu pops up. Then select Add to Playlist where a list of your created or collaborative playlist shows up to add that particular song.

Hope it helps 🙂

it is not as easy as you think, if you were on a playlist before then you would have to go back to the playlist to choose a song e.t.c and it is much easier on the iPhone app because you can do this from the play bar. To me, this is quite inconvenient since there is much space at the bottom where such a button could be placed

Hey @mattip,

It really is as easy as 1 2 3.

Follow my steps to add any song on your playlists from the bottom bar in the Spotify for Mac app:

1. You're playing a song and decide to add it in a playlist you usually listen while offline1. You're playing a song and decide to add it in a playlist you usually listen while offline

2. Right click on it and this menu pops up where you will select Add to Playlist2. Right click on it and this menu pops up where you will select Add to Playlist

3. Now you can select that playlist you have made available offline where the song gets added right away and you're good to go3. Now you can select that playlist you have made available offline where the song gets added right away and you're good to go

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts