Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adjust video speed? (1.5x, 2x, etc)

Solved!

Adjust video speed? (1.5x, 2x, etc)

Spotify for Mac (Catalina)

Premium plan

USA

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

MacOS Catalina

Today, I'm checking out Joe Rogan's podcast in the Spotify program and was wondering if there was an option to adjust the speed of the video?

Normally when I watch things on the YouTube, I watch videos on 1.5 speed. Watching the Joe Rogan podcast in the Spotify app isn't ideal without the ability to adjust the speed. 

Is this option available?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @samlehman@spotifypassword, and @whusym

If this happens only with video podcasts, I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi @samlehman, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This is an option available in the Spotify app. You will find these options in the Now Playing view.

• Click Billy-J_0-1599281563017.pngto control the play speed.
  • Click Billy-J_1-1599281562968.png to skip forward 15 seconds, or tapBilly-J_2-1599281563047.pngto rewind 15 seconds.

If you don’t see these options attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing exactly and I’ll take a closer look.

Let me know how this goes! 

Billy-JSpotify Star

This does not seem to be an option on my MacBook

The speed control options (1.5x, 2x, etc) are only showing on some but not all, whether on desktop or android. Why is this please? Thanks.

Here's a screenshot, no speed buttons:

no speed optionno speed option

Marked as solution

Hey @samlehman@spotifypassword, and @whusym

If this happens only with video podcasts, I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Is this a feature that is planned? Not being able to control video playback speed is a huge pain for longer podcasts

Same here - doesn't allow for playback speed on video podcasts on the desktop app for me in Windows - latest version as of 10/20/2020. It does allow for faster playback speed on my iPhone with the video.

Other podcasts I subscribe to without video have the playback speed option working on desktop, so it appears to only be video. Would love to see this enabled! Deal breaker to view Rogan on a desktop right now.

Hey folks,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly shed some light on the situation.

Currently the option to change playback speed for podcasts with videos is available only for mobile devices. If you'd like to see this functionality extended onto desktops and laptops, we'd recommend you take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added  and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

good idea! Agree!

This is the post I found from googling this problem, so I'm posting here for others. This is where you go vote for spotify to implement this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Podcasts-Adjust-Video-Podcast-Playback-Speed/idi...

I'm having this problem on mobile

I sped up a podcast the day before it disappeared, and now my podcasts are stuck at 1.25x speed

Screenshot_20210320-143630_Spotify.jpg

Hey @KipKat

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Since the issue you mention is different from the original topic of this thread, we suggest that you create a new post about this on the relevant Help board following the steps in this Solution. We'll be happy to help!

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

This should've already been implemented before buying Joe Rogan. A lot of people listened on desktop at at least 2x speed.

Suggested posts