Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advanced settings not saving

Advanced settings not saving

Hello!!

I tried to save these setting in advanced settings and it doesn't work.

Every time I close Spotify and restart it, I have to chance the settings again because it did not save it

See picture!  Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 2.47.10 PM.png
16 Replies

I don't know what happened, but I replied to this thread but I can't see my post. Anyway: I had the same issue and tried running it as admin but didn't work. Before shutting everything down I remembered that I was using the Windows Store bundled app, which was the culprit, because after removing it and installing the real desktop program from spotify.com, it now works as intended. Thanks and hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply!!

Actualy, I have OSX High Sierra and I run Spotify software from Spotify website.

So, your solution doesn't apply to me!

Thanks any way!!!

Having this same issue on OS X High Sierra. Very frustrating!

Same here.....extremely annoying especially when you're paying for it

Same here! Tried reinstalling.

App version: 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af

Can't even make the "Open Spotify at Login" option to stay Off. Arrgh!

Is this a High Sierra or a Spotify issue?! Anyone with Yosemite or Sierra having these problems, please respond...

Yes, I have Yosemite and my Advanced Settings never save. I always need the crossfade and equal volume across songs settings, but haven't found a way to make that happen. Incredibly frustrating.

This is clearly a Spotify issue! Been in contact with Spotify technichans via Twitter but they haven’t found any solution.

This is also happening in windows as well, very annoying.

The same here on Windows!!!

Running different Windows versions on three machines (8, 8.1 and 10) and it happens all over. I see this is not a new issue (2015-->now), would be great if the issue was resolved sooner than later, obviously its not a customer pleasing issue.

same here.  Windows 10.  cannot save the crossfade settings and the same-volume-level-for-all-songs setting in the Advanced settings.  thank you in advance !

I've noticed that at least on macOS, app ver. 1.0.70.388.g8e1ed5af, crossover is set to 12 seconds by default but the switch is still off. It's hard to determine if volume on all tracks are the same. The problem remains, the switches for certain advanced settings doesn't save after restarting the application.

I think I found a solution, at least for Mac users. Go to your system settings and in the search bar type in "Open Applications at Login" it'll take you to a screen where you need to remove (REMOVE, don't just uncheck the hide box like I did) Spotify from your auto start applications list. Then go back to spotify and change the setting there as well. 

It appears that behavior is being overwritten by the system preferences instead of changing both the system and spotify preferences in conjunction. Hope that helps guys! 

Hello -- do you use spotify on your phone too? I was finding that if I did not change the settings in my Spotify app (on my phone) to match the settings on my desktop app, that the settings would sometimes fail to save, this could be the culprit

Thanks!  It took two tries, but your suggestion worked.

That did it for me. Thanks! Been dealing with this for probably half a year.

Suggested posts