Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After latest update, Spotify plays different songs than I've clicked on

After latest update, Spotify plays different songs than I've clicked on

After my Spotify Windows app last auto-updated itself, to version 1.0.51.693.g6ea1e7f6, this ridiculous bug has appeared: When I go to the Album or Artist view (but not the Songs view), and I click on a song, it plays a different song than the one I just clicked! For example: If I click "track 1", it might start playing that, but then when I try to click "track 4", it just restarts track 1! And the same for tracks 6 or 10 or whatever, it just keeps restarting track 1. It's like it only wants to play songs in its own set order, not letting me choose when to listen to which track!

I downloaded a slightly older version of Spotify for Windows, and the issue went away. But the stupid auto-update apparently can't be disabled! All the hacks I've found on here for that purpose are old and no longer work.

EDIT: Now they've rolled out another update, version 1.0.52, but the problem is STILL THERE!

4 Replies

I do have the same issue, for now 1 week and a half...

I'm having the same issue on Mac. Kind of a big bug honestly.

As this was rightfully driving me crazy, I managed to find a temporary solution: a Windows Task Scheduler task that automatically deletes the update .exe file from the Update folder at system startup. As long as I never shut down Spotify (except at system shutdown/restart), I'm safe from faulty updates.

Having the same issue on mac. Extremely annoying, spotify needs to fix this stat. 

Suggested posts