Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

MacBook Air 2019

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.2

My Question or Issue

When I start Spotify, I can play every song and it works perfectly. But after pausing, doing something else, play a YouTube video for example, and then whenever I press the play button, the song is playing without any sound, only restarting Spotify fixes it. Its really annoying and I use Spotify version: 1.1.22.633.g1bab253a. 

Ive already reinstalled it completely, YouTube sound is still working and I've tried everything else that has been posted on this earlier. 

2 Replies

Hey @michaschoen17 - help's here!

Can you confirm you're still experiencing this issue after updating your app to the latest version?

If so, do you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the relevant steps listed in this Spotify Answer?

If that doesn't work for you, could you let us know what else you've tried already? That way we'll know what to suggest next.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Edit: It worked for a couple hours but its back to not playing again. Ive reinstalled it like you said for a couple times now but nothing works anymore. I really hope Spotify can find a fix for this soon.

Hi Peter, thanks a lot! For now, reinstalling it completely again helped. I'll check in again in a couple days to let you know if it works on the long term as well. Thanks again!

Suggested posts