Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Macbook pro 15 inch (late 2016) and Iphone SE

Operating System

Mac Os Mojave 10.14.3

My Question or Issue

Hi, I got a problem on Spotify desktop on my mac and it doesn't apply on my iphone. I just upgraded to premium for the first time yesterday and the application on my mac is now unusable. I can't see what my friends are listening (see any pic on the right). I can't see any radio station (https://imgur.com/a/Jp1XRCI). I can't listen to any songs (even tough you can see a song on the bottom it doesn't play). I can't see any song on any of my playlists (https://imgur.com/a/RDNM239). The only things I see are the playlists on the opening page (https://imgur.com/a/WqTclnC).

I've tried doing a fresh install twice and deleting my cache twice. What is particular is that everything works perfectly on my iphone so the problem must be from my desktop app. 

I've als read on many forums but didn't find a problem similar to mine. Is there anyone who can help me

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there @widdidma!

There is an ongoing issue with viewing playlists and favorite songs and Spotify is working on that. You can track it here. Don't forget to vote the issue, it will catch more attention with that. And there is a workaround which seems to be working for some of the users. Try following the next few steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop.
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this fixes it for you. I hope this will be fixed on Spotify's end soon 🙂

Regarding the problem with the friend feed, it is also a known issue, check here to get updated about it. 

I hope this answers all your questions. Let me know it you have any other 🙂 Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there @widdidma!

There is an ongoing issue with viewing playlists and favorite songs and Spotify is working on that. You can track it here. Don't forget to vote the issue, it will catch more attention with that. And there is a workaround which seems to be working for some of the users. Try following the next few steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return.
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop.
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit .
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address.
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify.

Hope this fixes it for you. I hope this will be fixed on Spotify's end soon 🙂

Regarding the problem with the friend feed, it is also a known issue, check here to get updated about it. 

I hope this answers all your questions. Let me know it you have any other 🙂 Have a nice day!

**bleep** it worked! Thank you so much!!!

@widdidma

I am glad it worked out! You are welcome 🙂

Suggested posts