Airpods pause with Sonos integration

Casual Listener

PLAN

Premium Family

USA

DEVICE

Macbook Pro 2018

MacOS 10.14.3

When my Airpods are connected to my Mac and I'm streaming music via the Spotify app for Mac to my Sonos system (in-home), removing the connected Airpods from my ears pauses play.  This behavior makes sense if I'm listening to the music on my Airpods (ie. not streaming to Sonos speaker), but this is not the case as it is playing via Sonos speakers.

Of note, the Sonos integration on the Spotify App was used to initiatie the stream.  NOT the Sonos App with Spotify integation.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Airpods pause with Sonos integration

Hey @fivecents.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Just to confirm, do you want for Spotify to not pause when you remove your AirPods?

Also, is there a reason why you are wearing your AirPods while streaming music from your Mac to your Sonos sound system if you're not listening to the music on the AirPods?

We're asking this to get a clearer picture of how you listen to Spotify so we'll be in a better position to help 🙂

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Casual Listener

Thx for responding Peter.

Yes, when the situation exists (ie. streaming Spotify to Sonos), I do not want it to pause playback.

The situation is one in which I'm on a call (ex. Skype) or listening to some other program using AirPods, but also streaming music to Sonos for other members in the house.  To be more specific, I'm streaming some music in the home from my Mac while doing work that requires me to be on my AirPods (ex. a conference call), and when my wife asks me a question, I take out my AirPods to hear her, but don't necessarily want the music to stop playing (being enjoyed by the entire household independent of my actions). Make sense? 

Highlighted

Hey @fivecents.

Thanks for getting back to us and for clarifying that - it makes a lot of sense now 🙂

I think the only way to be able to avoid this happening is by streaming to Sonos from another device, e.g. from a mobile device. That way, even if you have your AirPods connected to your desktop, removing them shouldn't have any effect.

Let us know if that solves the issue for you! We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS