Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album Covers Cut Off on Desktop App

Album Covers Cut Off on Desktop App

After updating Spotify on the desktop app (I use a Mac), I have begun to notice that the currently playing view slightly cuts off the edges of the album art (as seen in the images, I went with an example that was noticeable and provided a screenshot of what it should look like).

Although it's not a major issue, it is one that's slightly annoying once you begin to notice it.

Was just wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing has changed.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 9.51.44 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 9.51.47 pm.png
4 Replies

Hey there @hquntbed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We've passed this info on to the right folks so they can look into it. Even though we can't commit to a timeframe for when or if this will be fixed, we suggest keeping the app always updated.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I can confirm the same issue on the Windows desktop app.

I checked the CSS to see where the error might be and it seems that the sidebar doesn't actually have width equal to the --nav-bar-width variable. Instead the whole nav element (class Root__nav-bar) has width set to calc(var(--nav-bar-width) + 9px).

Now the div that the cover art sits in (data-testid="CoverSlotExpanded__container") has height set to the --nav-bar-width variable (so it's basically 9px smaller than the sidebar's width and thus not square, which causes the album art to be cropped). Disabling the height rule (or changing it to 100%) solves the problem.

Now I'm curious where that extra 9px of the navbar's width came from. 🙂

Yep, confirmed it's an issue - mostly cropping off the bottom of each cover and not fixed when adjusting the width of the sidebar.

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 12.10.48.png

Hi there @MooseBlaster,

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your screenshots.

As mentioned above, we've passed the info to the right folks, and recommend that you keep your app up to date 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts