Premium

Country

USA

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

When I open desktop Spotify recent plays shows up as the first thing I see, l but I haven't interacted with this one album that keeps showing up and it never disappears. This album is called Block Party by Presidential Playas (I don't even know who they are). What is weird is that the recently played tab in the left side accurately shows my recent plays, its just the recent plays in the home page is glitched where it shows that album and only that album. I've tried to completely log out and block the artist on my iPhone but it still won't go away.

Attached files are what I see for my homepage and recent plays.

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 12.39.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 12.40.11 AM.png
4 Replies

Hey there @yubaba,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need on the Community!  

Logging out and back in is a logical first step, kudos for trying that out. Since it didn't help, we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall

If albums is still displayed, could you give us some more info:

• does it also appear on your iPhone?
  • does it show up in our WebPlayer? 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Have a nice day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! 

Sorry for the delayed response. I followed the instructions for the clean reinstall and the album is still showing up. This hasn't been a problem for when I use Spotify on my iPhone, but it still shows on my Mac app and it is showing up on the WebPlayer. I noticed on WebPlayer it did show one playlist I was currently streaming but then it went back to that one album on recently played when I exited out of the screen and reloaded WebPlayer. It seems like it is glitched as a default on my recently played for some reason.

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 7.48.10 PM.png

I just noticed that the clean reinstall may have affected my iPhone because the album shows up under "good evening", but I still have my recently played accurate on my phone.

Hey @yubaba,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Have you tried replicating the issue when connecting with a different internet network? Does the album still come up? If that's the case, it might be a good idea to check your hosts file on your Mac for Spotify entries and delete any you find. You can do this so: 

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return

2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop

3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 

4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address

5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them

6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Could you also send us a screenshot of how the playlist comes up on your iPhone after the reinstall? That would help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts