Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

All playlists with auto-generated titles have a "2" at the end

All playlists with auto-generated titles have a "2" at the end

As title says, even though I have no existing playlists with those titles, if I make a playlist by adding a track to a "New Playlist" it will get an appropriate title with a 2 on the end, even though I have no other playlists with that title. I assume it is a bug, and would appreciate if it could be fixed.

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Sounds like something that shouldn't happen indeed! Have you tried to reinstall the app? You can read here how.

If this doesn't help, we'd like to know if this is account related. That way we know if this is account or device related.

Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day.

@Guido

Thanks, I'll try it... I don't really want to redownload everything for the
umpteenth time, but if it will help with R&D I'll do it.

EDIT: I did it! …It didn’t work. So I guess it’s account related. I did delete some playlists by deleting the folders they were in, if that would change anything. But this even affects playlists made from songs/artists/albums that I’ve never listened to. Thanks for helping btw!

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for trying that out for us.

The best thing to do in this case is to get in touch with our Customer Support team here. They will be able to help you out with transferring all your saved music to a new account and then closing the old one.

Hopefully your new account shouldn't have the same issue, but just in case, make sure that everything is working as expected when you make a playlist on the new account.

Hope that helps! Let us know how it goes - we’ll be right here if you have any further questions.

Okay, I'll do that when I have some spare time. Thanks for helping.

Though to be honest I have a hard time believing that anything I try to fix on Spotify will stay fixed for long. Seems like every update saps features and introduces bugs like or more annoying than this. And no mods or devs paid attention to those.

Suggested posts