Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Air 13in

Operating System

macOS 12.0.1

My Question or Issue

My Spotify was glitching earlier so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Now all my playlists are unplayable. Only around 5 songs in my playlists are listenable and I don't know what to do. I can listen to music in albums but not in my playlists. I just want to listen to my music

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 2.18.28 PM.png
6 Replies

I really need help with this because it's starting to annoy tf out of me

Hey hey @liam6124!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know if this happens if you try downloading the songs and try playing them in offline mode.

You could also let us know if this only happened on your desktop app or on mobile as well?

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this exact same problem, which only began AFTER I signed up for Premium. Once I completed the sign up, I tried to play a song...and now instead of playing, it makes a weird beeping noise, skips over several songs, begins playing a song and then quits about 14 seconds into it. This happens for ALL of my past playlists, which is really infuriating.

Hey @ericathebruce,

Thanks for the post.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

If that doesn't help, let us know your device model, OS version and Spotify version.

This will help us look into the matter further.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Alex, I have been experiencing this problem on my mac app for weeks and this finally fixed it. You're a life saver!

SOLVED!!

I have restarted the program and the machine (win 10). I also did the longest version of removing Spotify and reinstalling. Nothing helped...

Until I made in Windows: start > setting > system > sound > Advance Sounds Options > scroll down bottom you will see Reset.  After resetting the win sound system it played all songs without restarting/-installing anything.

Suggested posts