Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any way to make Spotify to revert to have shuffle turned off?

Any way to make Spotify to revert to have shuffle turned off?

When playing music, if the last time I was listening to any playlist/album/whatever it was on shuffle, Spotify will play the next completely different to listen to on shuffle. I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say that it's kind of infuriating, for instance, to have Spotify randomly jump from the first to the fourth movement of a classical symphony just because I happened to be listening to a pop playlist on shuffle the day prior. Particularly if I'm cooking/hands are dirty and can't easily get to the computer to change the playback mode. 

Is there a way to make the shuffle function specific to whatever playlist or album I happen to have open? Or to have it force revert to ordered playback after the application isn't in use? I think it's unreasonable to expect people to remember to turn off shuffle every time they've had it on. If not this seems like a big flaw in the software.

1 Reply

Hey @sweetums,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

The shuffle button is part of the playback bar which, in turn, can only be set manually (and not automatically). For example, you need to press the right button on the playback bar if you'd like to have a song on repeat and to press it again to interrupt the process. Same goes for the shuffle mode and the related button. 

If you'd like to present your feedback regarding the shuffle button as an Idea for Spotify, it'd be great for you to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Spotify Community
  2. Click on Menu
  3. Click on Ideas > Idea submissions
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts