Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Freezes Upon Opening It

App Freezes Upon Opening It

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

MacBook Pro

Operating System

macOS Montery 12.3.1 (21E258)

As of late, I've been having this recurring issue occur where whenever I would try to open Spotify, it would open a blank dark gray screen and stay there and then when I would go over to check another app, it wont let me go back to Spotify and my only option would be to force quit the app. This has been a recurring issue since last week and the only solution I have found thus far is to completely delete the app (including the folder in application support) and reinstall everything though I need to do this almost every other day now which is quite annoying. 

Is anyone else experiencing a similar bug or is it just me? If so, is there anything I can do to fix it without having to completely delete the app. I'd make the switch over to the web browser version but I'd miss my local files and I wouldn't be able to download music which is nice given that my wifi can be very inconsistent at times

2 Replies

Hi @tweefruit,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try switching on/ off the setting called Hardware Acceleration in Settings? If that doesn't work, please try logging in with a different account one the app loads. You can ask a friend/ family member to log in with theirs or create a free account for test purposes.

We'll do our best to get to the bottom of this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This can be caused by many factors, but most app issues can be fixed by updating the software or clearing the app data. App updates usually contain patches to fix problems identified with the app. Some app updates are delivered through Google Play Store , while others are in device software updates.

Suggested posts