Premium

Country

Australia

Device

MacBook Air (early 2014)

Operating System

macOS Catalina 10.15.1

My Question or Issue

When I click on a personal playlist's cover image, the "Edit Playlist Details" pop-up window is opened correctly. However, as soon as you hover over the "Choose image" button, the app crashes and restarts. This makes it impossible to add / change the over image.

14 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to macOS Catalina 10.15.2 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Same problem here.

Tested on two different machines: a Ubuntu 18.04 and a Ubuntu 20.04.
Spotify version: 1.1.42.622.gbd112320

Hey @gui-miotto,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We have a later app version. Would you mind confirming if you performed a clean reinstall since that will ensure that any old cached files are not causing this, and also that you have the latest version of the app.

It would also be great if you can try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

same issue here

spotify version: 1.1.42.622.gbd112320
kernel 5.4.0-52-generic

Hi there @blixa71,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Currently Linux is not an officially supported platform, so we cannot guarantee that all aspects of the app would function as expected.

You can try running a clean reinstall of the, which involves deleting the app cache and see if that helps. We also recommend enabling automatic updates as this issue might be fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator

Hello,

It seems that the first message had an issue on a mac.

spotify
Gtk-Message: 15:43:02.841: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: 15:43:02.841: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-Message: 15:43:02.844: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
MESA-LOADER: failed to open i965 (search paths /snap/spotify/42/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri)
failed to load driver: i965
MESA-LOADER: failed to open kms_swrast (search paths /snap/spotify/42/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri)
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /snap/spotify/42/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri)
failed to load swrast driver
[1]    233427 segmentation fault (core dumped)  spotify

Hi Elena,

I've updated to a new version (1.1.46.916.g416cacf1) and it still doesn't work. I also tried in different machines with different internet connections.
Also, note that the instructions that you sent on how to perform a "clean reinstall" does not include Linux.

I'm still waiting for a fix.

Best,
GM

Hey there @gui-miotto

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues.

If possible, could you ask a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your device to see if they can replicate this?

In case the issue persists, would you mind letting us know if you're able to change the playlist cover using the web player?

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

still hasn't been fixed after two years, smh

Hey @andres_rowley,

Thanks for your reply.

We'd like to gather as much info as possible. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of the affected device along with the current Spotify version installed there?

On another note, would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting you've already tried? If not done yet, you can start off with a clean reinstall of the app on your device.

Lastly, is this happening to you when you try to change the cover of a specific playlist or does it happen independently of the playlist you tried to change the cover on?

Keep us in the loop! 

AlejaRModerator

I have the same problem. I'm on Windows. Started a month ago. Reinstall didn't help. I can change the image if I do it on my phone but it crashes when I try on Desktop.

Hi there @GrahamMedcalf,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you have someone log in with their account on your device and try to change their cover photo of a playlist to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not. If you don't have that option, can you log in with your account on a different device to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have been facing the same problem and I uninstalled and reinstalled it twice but the problem continues however when I try to change the playlist cover using the web player I am able to and am not facing any problems

Hi folks,

For us to further investigate this issue could you please provide us with the following info:

• Device and OS version
  • Spotify version
  • Try logging in with a different account on your PC to see if changing the image works. This way we can know if the issue is account related or not
  • Can you change the image via the web player/ mobile
  • If you're using VPN, try disabling that

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts