Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App opens but nothing loads - Macbook Pro

App opens but nothing loads - Macbook Pro

Premium Plan
Australia

Macbook Pro - iOS Mojave

----

I can open the app but just keep getting nothing. Whenever I click on a playlist it says there are no songs on that list. 

I have restarted the machine, I have deleted the app and all cache files and done a fresh install and I keep having the same error. HELP! Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 5.52.56 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-10-16 at 5.54.20 pm.png

9 Replies

Hey @ironchefshellie, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you check this Spotify Answer for more help?

Keep me posted 🙂

The same thing happens to me as you. Can you help me?

Premium Plan
Spain

IMAC - Macos Catalina

Thanks for the link. I have just tried all of that, even done a complete restart and it's STILL not working 😞 

Hey @ironchefshellie,

Could you try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps?

@mromerorta 

What steps have you tried unitl now to resolve this?

Try a quick clean reinstall of the app if you haven't already. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Also, if you didn't try the steps from the article in my first post here, I'd recommend giving that a go too.

Thanks 🙂

Have the same problem.

Did try to Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices, but it didn´t work.

A clean reinstall of the app, didnt work either.

I have Spotify version 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9

Macbook Pro - MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Premium Plan

Norway

Skjermbilde 2019-10-18 kl. 22.47.10.png

Hey @ ,

Seems my reply from last week has gone. I did try the sign out of everywhere and fresh install again after that and it still doesn't working. 

My specs are: 

Spotify version - 1.1.17.543.geb9254e9

Macbook Pro - MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Same as @SondrKonglevoll who also seems to be having the same issues. 

Hey @ironchefshellie,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Could you try to go into Safe Mode?

Just hold the Shift key when booting up until you see the login screen.

I'd also suggest when getting out of Safe Mode trying to install Spotify in a new user account on your Mac.

@SondrKonglevoll 

Could you check this Spotify Answer for more help?

Keep me posted 🙂

Hey @Loxer

I just tried turning off my NetBarrier software and now it seems to work. I can't believe I didn't think of that before. 

If I have trouble again I will try SafeMode though. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Hey @ironchefshellie,

Really happy it works now 🙂

Safe Mode is good for plenty of things, it would also disable third party apps features and from opening when logging in (like NetBarrier in this case), clear some caches and other good stuff for the OS.

Indeed, if you need more help I'll be right here!

Suggested posts