Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Running Mac OS X El Capitan. The app, if left running, even playing music...if I navigate to another screen, as I do for the various applications I have running...when I return to the app, it is blank. Totally blacked out. I can stop or start the streaming via keys but to all intents and purposes, the app is useless. I cant see my playlists, recently played..NOTHING ! Have to quit and reload. Its just started doing this..Anyone know whats wrong with it ?

8 Replies

Hey @TimR, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Thnx 4 that info @Loxer

Dont know how I managed to check that option at some point...

It hasnt solved anything sadly...Let me say, it has failed almost immediately but I will give it a while to see if this problems persists..

TimR

This has not fixed the issue sadly....

Any new ideas ?

I have deleted and reloaded the app ...No change.

Whats up with this damn thing....?

This is starting to drive me nuts now...

Itll go black if I use a function on the app screen now..not just when its left running on a desktop not at the front...

Slow to load. Wont load if I have the cursor over the page....

Its growing unuseable. For a premium platform, and I admit, its been faultless in the near ten years I ve been using it, its a bit rubbish !!

Ok...tried a delete and reload as per the instructions in the Sticky up top...

Looks and feels more familiar already ( spinning circles of dots on opening...)

Here's hoping...!

Hey @TimR,

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest making sure that you have macOS Catalina 10.15.2 and Spotify versions 1.1.24 installed.

Keep me posted 🙂

Look..Ive done a complete  delete and  fresh reload...and its now getting worse...

I realise this  an known issue..and apparenty, its being worked on..

In the meantime, I will not updating my platform to Catlina or anything else as I can clearly see people still having issues...and chasing rainbows isnt appealing....

Thanks for trying to fix it. The problem isnt mine.. Its Spotify's.

When they have a solution...let me know !

Grtzz....

This issue has not resolved or stopped happening...!
It still crashes randomly- at least once a day, everyday...It even fails to load at all ( beyond the blank/black box homescreen) and is so bad at times, I have to restart the computer to get it to load..!
Add to this that I now am unable to play offline content that has been downloaded to my device when offline ( I am subscribed to the thread of this now "known"issue) - I am getting pretty sick of paying for a service that appears not to care whether I am a customer or not...
If I find an alternative platform or service that offers streamed music content, I would drop these cowboys like a hot brick..!

Suggested posts