Premium

Country

United States

Device

MacBook Pro 2017

Operating System

macOS Mojave

My Question or Issue

On the macOS desktop app, the “Appears On” section at the bottom of artists’ pages is showing the releases completely out of order. It is confusing, and I’m not sure if this is a bug or if they changed it so that it’s in order of popularity or something?

Regardless, I think it’s an awful change and it should be displayed in order of release! Please fix this Spotify. It seems like you’re constantly removing or adjusting features that worsens the user experience. As a paying customer I’m getting really tired of losing features or things being changed that are unintuitive.

14 Replies

Same issue.
I think having the "appears on" section in chronological order is one of the best ways to discover new music and ultimately enjoy Spotify the most.
Hope they'll fix it.

Unfortunately according to the Spotify support team (screenshot attached), this is expected behavior. Judging by the order that I see on the sections it appears as if Spotify is sorting by popularity.

At least give the option to choose the sorting please!

IMG_9C03915C3A45-1.jpeg

Hey folks, 

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

The issue you're experiencing has recently been spotted and solved by our tech team and it should no longer be present for any Spotify users. 

In case this persists, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. 

If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help. 

We'll look out for your reply. 

Hi Ivan,

I followed each step in the Clean Reinstall guide you provided; Appears On remains out of order. Uninstalled, confirmed AppData/Roaming and AppData/Local had no Spotify folders, shut down and turned back on after a few minutes, and reinstalled from Windows Store. Are there other means of updating the app?

I too followed the steps showed in the help page and nothing changed.
We should probably wait for an update that will fix the bug. If they'll release it.

I've just noticed this, and I my continued use of Spotify pretty much is dependent on this feature being corrected. The Appears on (or other terms used for it) is one of the most important and underrated features of music streaming services.

...if by "the issue should no longer be present" you mean "the entire Appears On section has been removed from the desktop app," you're correct. Can we have some clarity on why this feature was removed and when we can expect to see it back?

It disappeared as of a couple days ago for me as well. It's ridiculous. The feature has been missing from the mobile app for almost 2 months too and now it's gone on desktop. They kept saying it was a "bug", then this happens.

The lack of customer support and information on the issue has been terrible too. Feel like it's going to be better to just switch music services if issues like this persist.

Yes, the order seems to have disappeared on all my devices (macOs Catalina and my Android phone). This is very disappointing as it makes it hard to find recent remixes and collaborations for a given artist.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

We've made some changes to the Appears On section, which would explain why the order of releases you see is not the same as it used to. You'd still be able to find all related content listed there though.

On another note, if you're having troubles finding the Appears On section in the app altogether, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and requested details in this Ongoing Issue thread. Our tech teams are currently looking into this so providing any of the requested details would be very helpful. Rest assured that once we have any updates, we'll make sure to pass them on in that thread.

Hope this sheds some more light into things, but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Can this be made optional please? This effectively removes the ability to keep up with recent remix credits for an artist, for instance.

Hey there @tragiclifestori,

Thanks for checking that!

For now, it's not possible to reorder that section to view the most recent first. However, it seems like this is something other Spotify users have shared that they'd like to see. 

In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback to this idea. This way, you can also stay up to speed with any updates we have to pass on about this.

If you're curious on how ideas can get implemented, we'd suggest checking this Spotify Answer that provides an overview of the process.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same problem here still, windows desktop version.

This is terrible, impossible to keep up with artists latest appearances.. If you have any interesst in i.e. rap/Hip-Hop where featurings are essential it's truly hopeless.. Try to find Snoop, Method Man or any popular feature artists latest appearance.... impossible....

Please re-evaluate this change.. I do get the list 'problem' which is Spotifys answer, that is a much smaller problem in my opinion and a minor bother.. Maybe they should try separating lists out into something separate...

Suggested posts