Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Keyboard's Media Keys Do Not Control Spotify Track Fwd/Bkwd and/or Play/Pause

Apple Keyboard's Media Keys Do Not Control Spotify Track Fwd/Bkwd and/or Play/Pause

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Mackbook Pro 2017

Apple Wireless Keyboard

Operating System

Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54)

Spotify 1.0.99.250.g936eab8d

My Question or Issue

The <<, PLAY/PAUSE, >> buttons on my Mac keyboard (external or built into Macbook) do no have any effect on playback in the Spotify app.

Not sure if something changed, but it'd be nice to be able to control the player directly via these media keys on my keyboard.

Thanks

6 Replies

Found a solution...it was Google Play Extension in Chrome that was causing the issue...

https://www.omgchrome.com/chrome-google-music-media-keys/

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I tried this a couple of times, but this is still not working on my Mac.

It's only 2 months old and I don't have the Google Music extension on Chrome that is causing issues with certain users.

I don't have that installed on chrome, for me it happens after I open and close the youtube website, any suggestions?

yashkin0  I don't recall ever installing it on my Mac, but the Google Play Music app was down in the Chrome Apps section of the Extenions settings  (chrome://extensions/).

You need to scroll down a bit to see it, maybe you missed it?

YES! This has been driving me nuts. Uninstalling Google Play extension did the trick.

Suggested posts