Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are these Spotify cache files?

Solved!

Are these Spotify cache files?

Premium user here on a Macbook Air.

Is anyone getting folders created in their music directory, that have two-character names? For several months now, I keep finding these random folders, and I keep deleting them. Are these created by spotify? How do I stop them from appearing?

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 5.33.59 AM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Theothistle Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes those files are caches, what they contain are local music caches. However, you cant really stop them from appearing as they are caches from Spotify about the music you listen to.

Even though you cant stop them from appearing, i have seen people actually create a directory that forwards all these files to a different location so then if you need to do a mass clearing of caches its all compiled in one location. 

Happy Listening
Keanu_C

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Theothistle Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Yes those files are caches, what they contain are local music caches. However, you cant really stop them from appearing as they are caches from Spotify about the music you listen to.

Even though you cant stop them from appearing, i have seen people actually create a directory that forwards all these files to a different location so then if you need to do a mass clearing of caches its all compiled in one location. 

Happy Listening
Keanu_C

Suggested posts