Artists Missing from Artist Section

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

iOS 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

Since the most recent update, the artist tab in my library is empty. I still have all of my saved music in albums, but this is a far less convenient way to search my music. Is anyone else having this issues?

5 Replies

same here, that update is complete garbage.

Hey @mackk62391 @and @user-removed,

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you follow an Artist it will appear in your Artists section. You can still sort your list of Songs by Artists so no worries there.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

There is no sorting option for artists, only alphabetical order and
recently added. Even though I can search the artist on the list I still
can't select an exclusive artist on the to listen to. Please just bring
back the old format, it was far more convenient and easy to use.

I think many of us liked being able to use the artist section as a way of sorting the music. Right now, you either have to manually search an artist, scroll through all of your songs, or search by albums. These options incredibly inconvenient relative to sorting by artist. Furthermore, having to follow an artist even after we added their music to our library is redundant. In my probably not-so-important opinion, the old format was far better

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

We suggest you check out this Spotify Answer, which should answer any questions you have regarding how Your Library now works.

If you're unhappy with the changes, you can head over to this idea in the Community and add your vote.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Suggested posts