Premium

Country

USA 

Device

Macbook Pro mid 2014

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Using the desktop application, I have a single song playing on repeat. Without warning and in the middle of the song, the player automatically mutes, changes the song (to different songs not even on the playlist, no less!), the shuffle button turns on, and the repeat button switches to "all" instead of "one." It has been doing this repeatedly all of today. I saw a previous suggestion of turning fade on, but this is not helping. Please help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @del10

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If it's only happening on this particular device, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

However, if you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account among different devices:

1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE
  2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @del10

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If it's only happening on this particular device, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

However, if you see suspicious activity on your Spotify account among different devices:

1. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE
  2. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

I'm experiencing the same issue

Hello,

I discovered, following the second solution posted by Emilia_8 (sign out everywhere and change password) that someone must have hacked into my account. This is corroborated by the fact that I found many new songs and playlists in my library that I certainly did not add. I would highly recommend doing this as soon as possible and taking the other protection measures she recommends to protect other accounts.

Thanks so much, Emilia_8! It looks like someone had hacked into my account, and this was causing all of the issues I described!

Hi @del10

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution!

I'm glad it did the trick. 

Have a nice day and enjoy your music 🙂

Suggested posts