Premium

Country

US

Device

Macbook Pro early 2011

Operating System

macOS Sierra

My Question or Issue

Autoplay - one of my absolute favorite features - was working 2 days ago and now is not. I noticed it stopped working once I added and used Spotify on my Android in the car. What's strange is it works just fine on my phone, but has stopped working on my mac now. I never even knew there was an option for Autoplay (I found it on the phone - CANNOT find the option on my mac). I have already reinstalled Spotify on the mac AND restarted the sytem numerous times. Still just stops playing at the end of a song (NOT an album - it will play the entire album and then stop). I listen to Spotify ALL DAY and have been loving the ability to discover new music through the Autoplay option - mostly because there is SO MUCH MORE on Spotify. NOW I feel a little deprived as Pandora automatically feeds new music but it's rather repetitive. Definitely feel the premium charge isn't worth it now because it's just not the same experience. I have seen in other posts that someone was able to resolve this by gaining an older version from a Spotify employee - is this an actual resolve to the issue? Is there another way to get Autoplay back?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??

4 Replies

Hey @amypienta, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It seems it has been removed from the desktop apps.

You can give your support to this idea if you would like to see it back.

Hope it helps!

Same here !

I'm very disappointed as well, love this function. That's why I switched from Apple Music to Spotify. Hope this will come back rapidly...

I think it's amazing that this feature is referenced by their support docs but isn't in the app anymore.

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/features/autoplay/

Now that's quality control!

The feature is still available on mobile, oddly.

Suggested posts