Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working

Autoplay not working

Premium

Gemany

MacBook Air M1

Ventura

Since two or three weeks the autoplay feature, which continues playing similar songs, after i play an selected album didn't work anymore...? Is this a known issue?

10 Replies

Drag the slider and turn off your phone. Wait a couple of minutes and start it back on. Now, go to the App Store and reinstall Spotify. Log in with your account, and Autoplay should start working again.

Regards,

Will

Hello William,

thanks for your reply, but I this forum subtopic is about Spotify for MacOS and not for iPhone. I have tried all this also. 

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the Community. Let's take a closer look into this ๐Ÿ™‚

To start with, can you make sure that you've switched Autoplay on?

Also, can you make sure there's no old cache files causing this by following the steps here under Clean reinstall?

On another note, does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello Jeremy,

thanks for your reply. The reinstallation and also the deletion of the library files didn't solve the problem...

AUTOPLAY DIDN'T WORK HERE!

Greetings from Germany...

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the info. Can you please check the battery optimizer settings on your device as described here? That appears to have solved the issue in the other thread, hopefully it works for you too ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope this helps.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry, this subtopic part is for MacOS

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you have running?

On another note, just to confirm, is this happening with a specific album or does it happen no matter what content you're trying to listen to? And, just to clarify, did you enable the Repeat one button? If yes, keep in mind this button will play on repeat any album or playlist.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello Aleya, thanks for your reply. I have the latest version of Spotify on my Mac. The program updates automatically, and I have currently version Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.1.99.878.g1e4ccc6e. I cannot see any regularities for occurrence of the bug into Spotify, so sometimes it works, and sometimes not. (demonstration effect got me, currently it woks when testing with the end of one album :-). I have enabled anything in the settings. I came back here when the bug occurs next time, but from experience it works only for 10% of the time.

Greetings from Germany

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

It's also important to rule out account related issues. Could you check with a different account? Does Autoplay run consistently on the new one?

Keep us posted once you've concluded your investigation,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, i could now narrow down the problem. It doesn't occur when I start the music with an iPhone. When I start with the macOS Desktop app, the music is not repeated after the album ends.

Suggested posts