BUG Mac Touchbar

Plan

Premium

Device

Macbook Pro late 2018)

Operating System

Mac OS Big Sur (11.4)

My Question or Issue

Hello. I have a problem with Spotify on my Mac. When I open the app, the Spotify Touchbar interface shows well but once you clicked on another window and you go back on Spotify, the Touchbar only displays the function controls (Like in the picture below). Am I the only one to have this problem ? It was working a long ago but since quite months, the bug persist and the UX is not great at all !

IMG_1660.jpg
3 Replies

Hi @Hadibou,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

The touch bar should show the options for the last app you opened. 

In this case, could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app? This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If it doesn't do the trick, it would be helpful if you could send us a video where we can take a better look at this issue. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor, just make sure to exclude any personal info from it. 

Keep us posted. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you so much for your answer. I clean reinstalled it but the problem is still here. I don't understand. It must be my mac ! I send you a video though

Hey @Hadibou,

Thanks for getting back to us.

could you make sure that you don't have Spotify in the list of apps to only have function bar displayed?  You find how to reach that list with the steps here.

Also we're not able to open your video for some reason, could you try sending it again. Might work better if you uploaded to google drive and share the link with us. 

Let us know how it goes!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts