Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Spotify app does not properly install itself in "Login items"

Solved!

BUG: Spotify app does not properly install itself in "Login items"

After reinstalling Spotify, I found that it autostarted when logging in to the mac... but the application wasn't listed in Login items.

I had to go somewhere in advanced settings to disable the autostart of spotify.

Spotify should just System Preferences > Login items like other proper applications.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @spotty_user,

Thanks for reaching out. I assume you're using macOS based on what you provided and based on that, I would like to let you know that login items are background services such as TeamViewer and not full apps like Spotify.

Apps like Spotify are manageable to be launched on login by right-clicking the app icon from the dock and selecting the specific option. See screenshot below.

Sorry for the language, my system language is Italian. Though the option to set Spotify to launch automatically on login is "Apri al login" (the second option on all languages & Macs)Sorry for the language, my system language is Italian. Though the option to set Spotify to launch automatically on login is "Apri al login" (the second option on all languages & Macs)

Hope this helps,

Cheers 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @spotty_user,

Thanks for reaching out. I assume you're using macOS based on what you provided and based on that, I would like to let you know that login items are background services such as TeamViewer and not full apps like Spotify.

Apps like Spotify are manageable to be launched on login by right-clicking the app icon from the dock and selecting the specific option. See screenshot below.

Sorry for the language, my system language is Italian. Though the option to set Spotify to launch automatically on login is "Apri al login" (the second option on all languages & Macs)Sorry for the language, my system language is Italian. Though the option to set Spotify to launch automatically on login is "Apri al login" (the second option on all languages & Macs)

Hope this helps,

Cheers 🙂

Suggested posts