Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beyond annoyed with "Next Up"

Beyond annoyed with "Next Up"

Using premium and have been for years. 

It seems through relatively recent updates, I cannot get Next Up to go away!! I used to be able to queue songs and just those songs would appear. 

Now I have to do the following just to queue up a few songs and know the music will actually stop:

1. Clear existing queue. It's empty.

2. Queue up some songs from playlist X

3. A few are queued.. great.. 

4. At around the fourth song, 'Next Up' suddenly appears with the rest of the songs in that playlist

5. Multi-select all Next Up, 'remove from queue' (50+ songs)

Why does Next Up keep happening even if I have 'no repeat' on?! Why is there no clear button for Next Up? I would only expect 'Next Up' if repeating the list was on.

There were ideas submitted before to add a clear button, but one is marked as duplicate and one is closed. So it's a dead-end loop of nope for getting this fixed.

Really unhappy with this behaviour. Either I will wake up to music because playlist X is huge, or I need to manually remove a huge list each night. What a pain. 

Sure, I could create a playlist just for the songs I want each night, but that is totally not the point at all.

1 Reply

Hey there @h4xnoodle,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can try logging out and back in - this will clear whatever is loaded in Next Up. This is a workaround.

Another thing you can try is to disable Autoplay from settings. This should stop the queue from automatically populating with new songs.

Add your feedback to the New Desktop Experience feedback thread. There the developer team is gathering user suggestions on what to improve in next updates 🙂

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts