Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Big issues to delete songs from liked song list

Big issues to delete songs from liked song list

I can't delete some songs from liked song list. I have this problem for a long time.

I maybe identify that troubled songs are often old add to liked songs.
(I don't have issues to add/delete new songs from liked list,). But for a lot of, when I try to dislike or delete a title from the liked song list, the song still remain and it's impossible to delete it.

Thanks for your support
4 Replies

Hi there @fzz1000!

Interesting. Are the songs you're trying to remove greyed out? Could you share a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior so we can take a direct look at what's happening on your end?

Feel free to also let us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps. If you haven't already, it's worth performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. You can also try removing the tracks by logging in on the Web Player, or another device (if possible).

Keep us posted. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Yordan,

Thanks for your reply. here a quick video where I try with 3 differents solutions to delete a song:

- by disliking

- by clicking right > select "delete from liked songs"

- by press 'delete'

As you see, the song remains in the list !..

and it's very weird because the deletion works seamless with another songs. 

I suppose maybe that my spotify library is a little bit corrupted ( i'm subscribed since a looooong time, maybe there an issue between old and new songs of my library ). I have this issue since ever

Regards,

Antoine

Hey again @fzz1000,

Thanks for the screen recording!

The list of liked songs on the artist page actually displays both the tracks you've manually added to your personal Liked Songs, as well as the tracks from all albums by the artist that you've saved in Your Library. In your case, you most likely have also saved the album "The Magic Whip" in Your Library, which is why the song in question doesn't disappear when you remove the heart.

Removing the heart causes the track to disappear from your personal Liked Songs, but not from the liked songs on the artist page, because the album "The Magic Whip" is still saved in Your Library. If you were to remove it from Your Library, all tracks would disappear from the liked songs on the artist page.

There's this idea about displaying only the songs you've heart-ed in the list of liked songs on the artist page, which you may find interesting, so feel free to check it out and show your support.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Yordan,

Your explanation helps me to understand how it works. ( but I think this current way of working is  a little bit confusing for the user )

Thanks a lot,

Antoine

Suggested posts