Country

Poland

Device

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

Operating System

MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Disk space: available 50.34 GB out of 121.12 GB

My Question or Issue

When I turn on spotify, I only see a black screen like in the picture. I reinstalled the application, tried to delete ru.mo and disable hardware acceleration, but none of these things helped. What more can I do? Please help!

Zrzut ekranu 2020-12-4 o 08.11.23.png
6 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things, could you try with a different network, say a mobile hotspot and see if the app loads correctly then? If it does it's possible that you have certain network restrictions activated and you should contact your internet provider.

If none of these do the trick, does the app load correctly in the web player or on another device? We'd appreciate it if you also include a screenshot of what is displayed at your end in your next response.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I deleted the app by this method and installed it but it still doesn't work. I tried to connect to a different network and it also doesn't work. Everything is fine on the phone or web player, it works. Are there any other ways?

hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you try the Solution from @Joe in this Thread?

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator

When I right-click on a shortcut, I don't have a Properties field. There is only Information. It looks like the picture.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-12-21 o 10.02.57.png

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the reply.

If you're still experiencing this issue it would be best if you reach out to our support team in this case. They will do their bet to help you out further if possible.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

- delete the "perfs" file located here: /Users/victory/Library/Application Support/Spotify

Suggested posts