Blank screen after blurring and re-focusing Spotify window for 5 seconds

Blank screen after blurring and re-focusing Spotify window for 5 seconds

Plan: Premium

Device

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Operating System

MacOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Every time I refocus the Spotify window by either switching apps or switching desktops, it is blank for a second or two before re-painting its content.

After the Spotify window is inactive for 5 seconds, navigating back to it will show the blank screen for a second or two.

Here is a demo using switching desktops, but switching windows on the same desktop works just the same.

3 Replies

Hey there @zposten4,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

The scenario you're describing can indeed cause the Spotify app to "refresh", thus needing to re-draw its contents. However, we're continuously optimizing it to hopefully reduce the time it needs to do this even further.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni, thank you for your reply!  When the app "refreshes" though, it shouldn't need to clear its contents while updating, I would definitely consider that a bug that should be looked into.  I have not seen any other mac app have a similar issue, and I'm confident that the great team of devs at Spotify could tackle this 💪

Hi @zposten4,

Thanks for the feedback. We'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks. However, we can't commit to an exact timeline, so in the meantime make sure to keep the app updated

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know.

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts