Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blend playlist option: a small variation on shuffle

Blend playlist option: a small variation on shuffle

If you are lazy or too busy and make a playlist from multiple whole albums (or nearly a whole album, minus that one song you hate), other than dragging each song in randomly (too complex), or physically rearranging them on the playlist page (no time), the only other "random play" option is to play them in shuffle mode.

Here is the feature suggestion (can be used on any playlist though): Add a "random blend visible order of playlist" button/menu option.

I know, it seems silly at first and IT types reading this will probably add troll like comments about a dumb feature but…. Shuffle is totally unpredictable each listening session. That is good and fine for that.

Looking beyond that, a blend option would keep that "blended" list as is, until you manually move songs or, re-blend it.

Imagine it more like a way to randomly play tracks off the greatest albums of a genre or artist. All Coltrane or all Bach or all Brazil albums/performance you like, then auto blend them to a random but locked in that random order. Fast but not as variable as shuffle. A one time, user triggered, reordering kept.

2 Replies

Hi - so is it possible to shuffle in a playlist using songs? I have clusters of songs from one artist in my playlist in Spotify and can shuffle play but I don't seem to be able to shuffle through sonos

A shuffle feature like the one in Pandora would be great. On there I can shuffle the two playlists together.  That way I can listen to two or 3 playlist at the same time. I would like to add holiday music into my shuffle without creating another playlist. 

Suggested posts