Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Block Joe Rogan Podcast

Block Joe Rogan Podcast

I've already voted for the idea to allow a disable toggle for podcasts so I stop getting them inserted into recommended playlists, but how do I block a specific podcast?

The home screen of the Mac Desktop app has become a continuous advertisement for the Joe Rogan podcast, which I do not want to see nor want any chance to accidentally click on. How do I get this trash off of my home page? I'm already not thrilled with some of the podcast hosts Spotify advertises and seriously considering cancelling my subscription entirely, and forcing me to look at this stuff every time I open the app is just abother reason to get away from the whole platform.

You don't shove a whole row of music I don't like at the top of my home screen, why am I seeing a whole row dedicated to Rogan before any of my own actual preferred content?

Top Answer
Ivan
Spotify Legend

Hey folks, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

For now it's not possible to block certain podcast shows, however, we recommend having a look at this Live Idea suggesting the implementation of an option allowing users to perform this action within the Spotify app.  

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community.

We value your feedback and will take it into consideration when moving forward. In the meantime, there are a couple more ideas besides the one @Ivan posted above, that you can add your support to:

If this is also something you'd like to see, make sure to +VOTE and subscribe to the ideas. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

169 Replies

I agree Spotify really needs to either reevaluate the type of people they allow of the platform, or allow a block option.

Seriously. I'm very close to canceling my premium.

I agree. I can't stand that man and his ideas, be nice if I could block the podcast.

I’m looking at Tidal and Apple Music for the same reason. I don’t want to see his face every time I open my app.

Spotify please let us block content from homepage. Specifically Block Joe Rogan from ever showing up. I have looked for alternatives to use to listen to music JUST so Joe Rogan never is there, but alas Spotify is the best monopoly.

The "experience" Joe Rogan is referring to is: harassment. Get that garbage Out Of My Face.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

For now it's not possible to block certain podcast shows, however, we recommend having a look at this Live Idea suggesting the implementation of an option allowing users to perform this action within the Spotify app.  

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu at the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

You must be on a free account, or not actually listening to anything on Spotify and have only come to complain. I listen to Spotify every day and right at the top it gives me my last 4 playlists and the last 9 songs I've listened to, along with songs their algorithm thinks may interest me and mixes of songs that I've favorited. The problem you're facing is that the algorithm is attempting to give you FLAVOR and the best option you have is to SUBSCRIBE to his podcast but turn off notifications for it, that way it'll be in a dark corner of your playlist and will never bother you again, until you convince your friends you're only a subscriber to never see his podcast on Spotify!

that Live Idea you linked to is Already Closed. Spotify's classic tactic of "make the users shut up and go away" strikes again.

Hey @matt16060936

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Keep in mind the Status Update of this Live Idea confirms the idea hasn't been rejected by Spotify. Users can still vote for it until it gets enough votes to be reviewed by the Spotify staff. 

If you want to learn more on how the ideas work have a look at this article. 

I couldn't agree with you more about this needing to be a feature.  I am now getting podcasts with news from sources I'd rather not acknowledge injected into my Daily Drive and suggestions.  Granted, at one point Spotify was only letting me listen to all podcasts in Spanish so I guess this is a step in the right direction???

Why does Spotify relegate things like customer requests to a garbage voting system that takes me back to high school election for class president (but even that was more clear cut).  

I still listen to Spotify for music but if you can't get podcasts right then stick to what you know.

Hey SPOTIFY ??! DO YOU SLOWLY WANT TO BECOME CNN or FOX ??
Not specially Joe Rogan is the problem, but all the political stuff !!
WHY AM I FORCED TO SEE PODCASTS ON MY INTERFACE ??
Why should I suffer PIVOT - I totally dislike and NEVER LISTENED - on my screen ???
This is VERY DISTURBING
I don't pay for that. I pay for MUSIC ONLY.

Spotify is making a big mistake, offering political contents.

I dont want to find injunctions to listen to political podcasts
I expect only music from spotify
DO OFFER PODCASTS WITHIN A MENU IN THE PROFILE
AT LEAST LET THE CONSUMER - YOUR CLIENT- , CHOOSE WHAT HE WANTS TO SEE ON THE APP WHEN HE OPENS IT
I’m looking at Apple Music as well, just like a guy said below

Agreed. I'm now actively looking for Spotify alternatives. I dislike having non-music content shoved down my throat on the app homepage; it's obnoxious and irrelevant cross-marketing.

Spotify: We shove podcasts down your throat and YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT.

Seriously, do they not know I don't use Spotify for podcasts? So stop recommending me podcasts, I don't care for them!

This isn't an answer or a solution.

Letting your customers chose the content that they want to consume when you are a content provider is a pretty basic concept isn't it?

Having to vote on a 'feature' to allow basic filtering is unacceptable. Forcing myself and my family to manually skip offensive podcasts with no way of avoiding it is a ridiculous and awful design.

I'm cancelling my family subscription as Spotify obviously doesn't want to communicate with its users, just take their money. 

Same here about to switch to Apple Music. 

We know it's not currently possible to block certain things like Joe Rogan's podcast. We're ASKING for that ability to be added because we simply don't want to see it. There's a reason Spotify has deleted scores of his podcasts -- he's offensive and terrible. We'd like to just not see it at all.

Paid subscriber, use Spotify every day for many years. I've now got a whole figging' row for "Best of the Joe Rogan Experience" across the top of my home screen. The algorithm is not giving me "FLAVOR." The algorithm is force-feeding a hateful anti-vaxxer. And suggesting we boost this jaggoff's subscriber numbers just so we can hide him is offensive. 

If we can't make this stop, I'm looking for Rogan-free alternatives. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Community.

We value your feedback and will take it into consideration when moving forward. In the meantime, there are a couple more ideas besides the one @Ivan posted above, that you can add your support to:

If this is also something you'd like to see, make sure to +VOTE and subscribe to the ideas. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts