Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blurry Album Art

Blurry Album Art

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

MacBook Air 2020

Operating System

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

My Question or Issue

Hello, I am having an issue with the appearance of Album Cover Art in the bottom left of the desktop Spotify app. It's been an issue for several months, but I only now am using the Spotify Community resource to seek answers. I attached 3 images of different covers with the issue even at the largest size option, though it's an issue with every album art, I found it best visible in these 3 examples. Thank You.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.18.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.22.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 7.23.07 PM.png
4 Replies

Hi @breadstick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

What you mention is currently expected. Right now, the cover art is compressed to improve performance on lower end machines. 

However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting the possibility to bring high resolution cover art. You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE , that'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

amazing, thank you very much for the information and help!

Hey @breadstick

You're welcome!

For anything else you need, the Community one post away.

Cheers.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @breadstick 

This issue should now be fixed in version 1.1.76

The blurry (low quality) issue for the album art in the bottom left corner of the desktop app was fixed in version 1.1.75. There was a delay in this version going out over the holidays, but version 1.1.76 that includes this fix is now rolling out to users.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts