Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bookmarks Broken

Bookmarks Broken

It doesn't matter what playlist, folder, or album I'm trying to open it says "Page not found" and refuses to load unless I first make an arbitrary detour to the Spotify page and then navigate back to the playlist, folder, or album I'm trying to open, even though they are literally the exact same URLs, it just refuses to load unless I first pointlessly load the Spotify page first. It's making me want to blow my freaking brains out. Please halp.  

spotify.png

9 Replies

Hi there @bigunzzz,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you clear you cache and cookies?

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure that you're running the latest browser version.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes, clearing Spotify cache/cookies didn't change anything.

I use the latest versions of Chrome and Safari that my devices support (an ancient iMac, a new (Intel) Macbook Air, and a couple iPads) and it has the same error across all.

Hey @bigunzzz,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us the OS version you're using on your devices?

At a first glance this looks like a network related issue. Is it possible for you to try connecting to a different network or resetting your router?

Does the web player on a mobile device work?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

El Capitan, Big Sur, iPadOS 14, iPadOS 15, same results on all devices

I tried a different wifi connection on my laptop and it had the same result.

Yes, the web app/site works on iPad, not as well as the Apple Store app, but for editing songs on playlists it is much much much better (though you still inexplicably can not edit/organize playlists themselves).

Hey @bigunzzz,

Thank you for the response.

Could you confirm if this is still occurring for you? Have you done any troubleshooting yourself and if yes what? We hope this situation was intermittent for you, but if not, then please also share with us the versions of the Spotify app present on all devices where you currently experience this. 

Sending us a short screen recording of the issue will also help us greatly in our investigation efforts. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've already answered all those questions in my comments above.
(* a screen recording would just show me clicking bookmarks and then Spotify loading the error message in my initial post above)

Hey @bigunzzz,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this issue present on a different account?

Could you create one for testing purposes and check it out?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Things seem to be working again now, at first only Chrome was working again, then I discovered in Safari (which I use on my iPads) would start working again if I created new bookmarks for everything, even if they were the exact same url, even if I copy & pasted the urls to the old bookmarks, they just didn't work unless I created entirely new bookmarks. 

Just noticed folder bookmarks are still broken though, they re-direct you to Spotify's page.

Suggested posts