Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Both web player and Spotify app won't connect

Both web player and Spotify app won't connect

When I try to connect to the web player on chrome, I get an error saying that the site can't be reached and the connection refused. I have tried using different wifi connections and different internet browsers like safari and firefox and it still won't connect. I turned my firewall off and don't have any proxies. I also cleared my cache and cookies.
A similar problem happens when I try to log in to my account on the spotify app. I get the error code: auth:15. I tried changing my proxy settings in app and that didn't work. I have cleared my host files and have done a clean reinstall. My browser and mac are updated as well. It seems like I have done everything I could and have exhausted all options. I can use the app on my iphone just fine.
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the extensive troubleshooting you've already tried.

Based on that, have you tried connection the computer with the internet through a hot spot on you phone? This way we can certainly exclude network related issues.

Which IPs are you using for the DNS servers on your computer?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, I have also tried using my phone as a hotspot. When I go into the network section of my the system settings under DNS servers it lists 10.180.32.30 and 10.180.33.30. I'm not sure if that is what you're looking for.

Hey @heckoffanie,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, were you able to open the web player or login to the desktop app, while using a hot spot connection from your phone?  If yes, then this suggests that this is related to your Mac's network settings. You've mentioned clearing your hosts file, but it might be worthwhile to revisit it once again, while following the steps in this article (see end of page for Mac). See if this will make any difference for you.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

No, I was not able to connect to either through using a hotspot on my phone. I have tried clearing the host files again, but it did not help either. 

Hey @heckoffanie,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please confirm if this is a personal or work computer? If it's a work computer, there might be some limitations set by your system administrator that could be causing this.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts