Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back clicking on album art to jump to where the song is playing from (desktop)

Bring back clicking on album art to jump to where the song is playing from (desktop)

Normally, clicking on the album art should direct you to the song since version 1.0.5.
If that does NOT work for you: Start a playlist and post the following information so we can check it out further:

1. OS (Mac, Windows)
  2. Spotify Version (Menu => Help => About Spotify)
  3. Hardware Acceleration enabled in settings (yes/no)
  4. What happens when you click the bottom left album art?

UPDATE:

With the new 1.0.5 update this should work again.

Original text:

Before today's 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd update, you could click on the album art to go to where the song is playing.

For example, if I'm playing "Pirate Hooker" by Zomboy, it would jump to the playlist, and scroll down to the current song and highlight it.

If I would like to play more songs from Zomboy, that I have in the same playlist, I could sort the playlist by artist, and then click on the album art in order til get to those songs. In the new update, you have to scroll manually to the songs. I have a single playlist with all the music that I like (almost 3000 songs atm), and when I use the scroll bar, the list just 1-2 screens in one pixel.

In the new update, all clicking on the album art does is going to the playlist, radio station search query. It does not scroll to where the item is.

I really don't like what you are doing with the desktop client. First, you increase the distance between lines, making it harder to browser long lists, then you **bleep** up the activity feed and remove apps, and now this? And also you are making buttons bigger, allthewhile making text (especially timestamps) smaller. I believe you should listen to this community, and not just put all ideas on "Not right now". A very small fraction of your user base actually gets here to make suggestions and/or complain, but that does not mean there are others who share their opinion. Although the client looks much better that it has ever done, with its "modern" UI elements and design language, it does not matter at all to me if the funcionality is worse than in the elder versions of the client. You have to go back, in order to go forward.

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

101 Replies

• OS (Mac, Windows)
    Mac, El Capitan, 10.11.3
  • Spotify Version (Menu => Help => About Spotify)
    1.0.23.90.g42187855
  • Hardware Acceleration enabled in settings (yes/no)
    Option does not seem to be available. If it is, I haven't changed it from the default value.
  • What happens when you click the bottom left album art?
    If the currently active playlist is open, nothing happens.
    If the currently active playlist is not open, that playlist is opened, on whatever view it was last shown.

EDIT: Just noticed that after restarting spotify this problem now went away, spotify version is still the same though. Clicking art work now highlights and takes me to its position the current list.

Will this feature ever work with local files?

Suggested posts