Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back search bar in all pages

Bring back search bar in all pages

After a recent Spotify for Mac update, I have noted that the search bar has disappeared from all pages, in favor of a new "search" item in the left menu. I personally (and think a lot of people do) use the search bar very frequently and it is very inconvinient to always click to the button on the left then perform the actual search.

5 Replies

Hi @morayb, welcome to the community!

Can you tell me what's your device, operational system and Spotify version?

A print from this new update would be useful as well.

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, I am using Spotify version 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef running on a 15" MacBook Pro 2015 with macOS 10.14.3. I have attached a screenshot with more details. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 00.16.07.png

Hey @morayb thanks for the screenshot.

I also have a MacBook Pro with macOS 10.14.3, but my Spotify version is 1.1.3.257...

So I guess you also have an available update. Just click on "Spotify" on the top left and then About Spotify - and you'll confirm this.

You can also try a clean reinstall.

Let me know if this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I have reinstalled Spotify and nothing has changed regarding the issue I mentioned. The version installed is still the same as before and I don't see that any available update.

.Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 21.05.37.png

Hey @morayb,

It's important to know that at Spotify they’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. When they’re testing, you may see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature for only a temporary period.

Meanwhile, here's this idea that you can add your vote and feedback to.

Also, make sure you don't miss a thing by enabling automatic updates on your device.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts