Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back search dropdown menu

Bring back search dropdown menu

Hi,

seriously, ability to start searching for artist/track/album in desktop app and then using dropdown menu and keyboard was so useful.. Search results were presented one below another, it was fast and comfortable to use it. Why did you change it?

Now navigation sucks. Only "top result" is presented at the top and it's not possible to use keyboard to go through search results.

Please bring the search dropdown menu back!

Envoronment:

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11.6

Spotify desktop app 1.0.63.617.g5aca9a2a

P.S. R.I.P. search dropdown menu

5 Replies

Don't hold your breath. In the world of Spotify developers, nobody uses keyboards or mice anymore. Everybody is smushing screens with their fat sausage fingers. That's why a searching using the keyboard had to go, and it's also why we have a 500-pixel LEGO® DUPLO® line spacing everywhere.

I'm not sure if I understood your post poperly. I wrote about OS X. Do you think anyone smashes MacBook screen with fingers?

I can't believe this doesn't have more votes. This new search feature is really awful. I've been a Spotify customer for 5 years and it honestly has only gotten progressively worse. This new search is messy, looks bad, and is less functional. At least give us the option to switch back to the smaller search window in our preferences.

I can't even add a song by name or artist, because there's no Search function anymore. Are you saying that's a deliberate "feature?" If so, how can ANYONE possibly consider that acceptable?  I'm paying for the Premium version, and I'm certainly not going to do that if I can't even add songs of my choice!

@murczens – Sorry for the late reply. No, I don't think anyone would seriously do that. But apparently, people at Spotify do. I wouldn't know why else they optimise all the desktop clients for touchscreens instead of mice, and waste the screen space of us desktop users. The new search feature is just another step in that direction. It may be great for touchscreen interaction, but everything that made desktop search more powerful and comfortable on desktop devices has been removed.

Suggested posts