Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back sorting in search results... again...

Bring back sorting in search results... again...

Hi.

I know there was a big hoo-haa a few years back when Spotify desktop lost the option to organise search results by clicking on the column headers. Well, in one of the recent updates that same functionality seems to have been lost all over again. I do a search, I get hundreds of results, and I can no longer order them (e.g. alphabetically by song title) by clicking on the column headers.

I couldn't find an existing post about it (forgive me if I missed one) so I thought I'd raise it.

Spotify folks, you know the strength of feeling about this, there are posts galore about it from 2014/2015. Please can we have it back? Thanks!

4 Replies

Seems to be working fine here i can still click on the header title,artist,album,date and length of track and it sorts the list accordingly

Can you give an example and then i can try that aswell and see if it works and report back to you

Thanks for the reply, si69.

Interesting! What platform are you on? It's definitely broken on my Mac.

An example search: try "Little Mermaid". I'm clicking "see all" under Songs, and I get a list of songs starting with "Little Mermaid Medley" by Anthem Lights, from the album Magical Medleys. If I click on the Title column header, nothing happens. Same for the other headers.

Does it work for you?

Hi i just searched for little mermaid and i can click on the header titles when the results come up as mentioned above,title,artist,album etc

I am using spotify on windows

Maybe its broken on mac?Hopefully someone with a mac can help now and check if it working for them

OK. Good to know it's not a problem on Windows. Thanks for checking. As you say, hopefully some Mac users will chip in.

Suggested posts