Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug - Repeat One Track doesn't work if you're playing on an external device

Solved!

Bug - Repeat One Track doesn't work if you're playing on an external device

Hi, I found a bug. Normally the Repeat One Track will automatically repeat a song after its done playing, but if you're playing through an external device it will just go to the next song as if repeat one isn't even on.

My setup is:

-Music streaming over Spotify-enabled receiver (Pioneer VSX-824)

-I'm using my Mac and running spotify. Spotify is setup to run over the above receiver

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, this annoys me too.

It's actually not a bug. Connect doesn't currently support repeat one.

Add a kudo to my idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Support-Repeat-One/idi-p/1037593

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Ah, this annoys me too.

It's actually not a bug. Connect doesn't currently support repeat one.

Add a kudo to my idea to show your support:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Connect-Support-Repeat-One/idi-p/1037593

MattSudaSpotify Star

I still have the same issue with my Denon receiver. Repeat and shuffle will turn on, but I can't turn on Repeat One to play a song over and over again.

My guess is these receiver companies haven't updated their software to take advantage of Repeat One yet. When Spotify Connect first came out it did not support Repeat One playback. Chromecast, TV apps, and receiver apps, everything that relied on Spotify Connect could not Repeat One a song until recently. Chromecast and others have already updated to take advantage of it seems though the receivers are still using older APIs to communicate with Spotify.

My current living room setup is to turn my Denon receiver on (keep the TV off) and switch the input to Chromecast and control it through the Spotify app on my mobile phone instead of using the built in Spotify Connect on the receiver.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts