Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

redfox_seattle
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(OSX Desktop)

Operating System

(OSX High Sierra)

My Question or Issue

Whenever I create a new playlist from an album I want to listen to, Spotify automatically adds the number 2 at the end. I go into the album view, click the elipses button, Add to Playlist > New Playlist. A playlist gets added to the left side with the artist name and album name, but it adds 2 as if this is the second instance of the same album playlist, even when there is no other instance. 

I've been having this issue for about a year now. It's easy enough to change, but gets tedius after I have to do it to every single playlist-from-album I create. It doesn't happen on other platforms (Android, web player) becuause those platforms don't automatically name the playlist. I'd much rather it have a default name then no name at all, but I just can't figure out why it's adding a 2. 

spotify_example.jpg
18 Replies

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

AeroZ
Composer

Hello!

I just did a clean install of my Spotify client and I'm seeing the same issue as you. It doesn't happen with every playlist that I create though. It indeed seems like Spotify thinks that there is a playlist with that name already but there actually isn't or at least there isn't anymore.

macOS 10.13.6

Spotify 1.0.88.353.g15c26ea1

Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 13.35.12.png

Re: Bug: Spotify automatically adds a 2 to every new playlist I create from artist album

rleich

I'm having the same issue. Anyone find a solution to this?

redfox_seattle
Regular

Haven't found a solution yet, except to manually edit every one as I create it. It's a huge pain.

I'm having the same issue.

AndyNeale
Regular

Exactly the same thing is happening to me...

Highlighted

liamdb

Saaaaaaame. It's annoying. 

nutrynion
Casual Listener
Yes I am just now having this issue. I am going to go check but I wonder if it has anything to do with deleted playlists that are in their archives, where you can go and restore them from up to 2 years back I think. Some of the playlists I have created I've created before and for whatever reason, I am having to recreate them so I can see that as a potential cause. However just happening even for brand new lists, it does not compute.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

We've tried reproducing this on our end, but we haven't been able to do so successfully so far. 

If a clean reinstall on your device doesn't work, do you mind giving us a bit more info so that we can narrow the issue down?

Thanks! Keep us posted :)

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

AndyNeale
Regular

Tried a clean reinstall as suggested - that doesn't work.

To reproduce, just select "Add to Playlist" then "New Playlist" for any album, song, etc - the item gets added to my Playlists with a "2" appended to the name. Doing it again creates another entry with a "3" suffix. So it seems there's a bug in the "does this playlist already exist?" logic which is always returning true and therefore appending a "2" suffix to playlists even if they don't (and have never) existed.

It definitely isn't a problem with playlists which have been created and then deleted because the problem happens with absolutely ANY song or album including ones which I've picked entirely at random and have never even heard of, let alone listened to!

SUGGESTED POSTS